Eddie Murphy's Delirious Edit Or Wrong Comedian?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Eddie Murphy's Delirious Edit Or Wrong Comedian?

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I re-watched his show and I could have sworn there was a joke in there that I cannot find anywhere including in the transcript. So that should certainly mean it is not him, but I can't shake it off that it was Murphy and the style he had during Delirious that carried the joke. It was near the beginning with his segments about gays after saying they are not bad people (paraphrasing) and that you'd want them in the military because if you (a guy) got shot, they'd go ballistic and fight even harder.

I don't remember it being Chris Rock, Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle, etc and it's making me wonder if I entered an alternate reality!
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Re: Eddie Murphy's Delirious Edit Or Wrong Comedian?

Post by Elfdart »

It wasn't Delirious. Maybe Raw?
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Re: Eddie Murphy's Delirious Edit Or Wrong Comedian?

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Damn, no Raw was very subdued.

Maybe it was Chris Rock because I don't see any other black comedian being as bombastic in that joke.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."