When the fuck did everything move to the right side?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

When the fuck did everything move to the right side?

Post by Surlethe »

I. What the title says.

II. Hanging out with Ace Pace. He's a cool globetrotting dude. Inspired me to log back in, and what do I find? All the avatars and shit on the right side of the screen. What the fuck.

III. People I was arguing with on Facebook the other day (you know who you are): I got distracted by IRL shit. Maybe I'll jump back into that thread and maybe not. Either way, know that I love you all :luv:
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Re: When the fuck did everything move to the right side?

Post by Surlethe »

PS- Done with grading for the foreseeable future. Good-bye teaching, hello industry!
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Surlethe wrote:I. What the title says.
II. Hanging out with Ace Pace. He's a cool globetrotting dude. Inspired me to log back in, and what do I find? All the avatars and shit on the right side of the screen. What the fuck.
I feel like we've been here before...
Have you tried using a mirror and typing backwards?
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Surlethe wrote:III. People I was arguing with on Facebook the other day (you know who you are): I got distracted by IRL shit. Maybe I'll jump back into that thread and maybe not. Either way, know that I love you all :luv:
You're arguing with people on Facebook? Haven't you learned by now that FB is for posting cat pictures and baby pictures?

Speaking of which
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

J wrote:
I feel like we've been here before...
Have you tried using a mirror and typing backwards?
Oh hey, that's me! I suppose either time, graduate school, whisky, or some combination of the three removed my memory.
F. Douglass
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

muse wrote:
Surlethe wrote:III. People I was arguing with on Facebook the other day (you know who you are): I got distracted by IRL shit. Maybe I'll jump back into that thread and maybe not. Either way, know that I love you all :luv:
You're arguing with people on Facebook? Haven't you learned by now that FB is for posting cat pictures and baby pictures?

Speaking of which
KITTY
F. Douglass
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Bedtime because I'm a boring adult now.
F. Douglass
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Surlethe wrote:Oh hey, that's me! I suppose either time, graduate school, whisky, or some combination of the three removed my memory.

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Surlethe wrote: III. People I was arguing with on Facebook the other day (you know who you are): I got distracted by IRL shit. Maybe I'll jump back into that thread and maybe not. Either way, know that I love you all :luv:
Up yours AND your memes Surly
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Surlethe wrote:All the avatars and shit on the right side of the screen. What the fuck.
Mine are all over on the left. I can't remember what I did to put them back in their place.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Please tell me you ambushed Ace with a razer. I've been wanting to rid the world of that unibow of his for well over a decade now.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

As you can see, the board only mirrors reality. A heavy rightward drift occured without notice.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Darth Holbytlan
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Holbytlan »

bilateralrope wrote:Mine are all over on the left. I can't remember what I did to put them back in their place.
Probably set your board style to BlackSoul-SDN2. It's what I did to make things look right... Er, left.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Yeah... Change your theme.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

I've had the site on Subsilver2 for so long that it always messes with my head when I need to login and I see the 'true' SDN :lol:
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Dartzap wrote:Please tell me you ambushed Ace with a razer. I've been wanting to rid the world of that unibow of his for well over a decade now.

I'll have you know many have tried. It grows back quickly.
I'm willing to let Surlethe's kids try....:)
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Ace Pace wrote:
Dartzap wrote:Please tell me you ambushed Ace with a razer. I've been wanting to rid the world of that unibow of his for well over a decade now.
I'll have you know many have tried. It grows back quickly.
Lasers. Lasers fix everything.
Though if I were the one wielding the laser I'd cut it into 3 eyebrows just because.

- Havok
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

K. A. Pital wrote:
As you can see, the board only mirrors reality. A heavy rightward drift occured without notice.

Yes, there totally weren't people pro-Iraq invasion with right leaning folks driven out of the board for several years.

It's a return to the original norm.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Good to see you again, Surlethe! Give my regards to your wife as well - she has an awesome blog (or at least I think that's her).
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Darth Holbytlan wrote:Probably set your board style to BlackSoul-SDN2. It's what I did to make things look right... Er, left.
Yeah, that's what I did. It took Mike about 48 hours to set that up.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Now everything suddenly went to the left side for me? :S
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage