More annoying emo crap from me

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

More annoying emo crap from me

Post by SolarpunkFan »

I've started to think about things and it seems to me that hatred is winning over love, or at leas sanity, in the world.

And I'm certainly not innocent in that regard. I've been nasty to all sorts of people (especially online), and every time I think I've left it behind it comes back. And all of this shit going on everywhere, and my complicity in doing a part in continuing it is just eating me up inside.

I know somebody might tell me to see a psychiatrist, but I've been seeing one for years and I'm medicated.

I know, I know, this all comes across as just more emo whining from me. If you all want to lay the smackdown on me, go ahead. Hell, I don't even care if I get banned for being such an obnoxious twat, I'd probably deserve it in any case.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: More annoying emo crap from me

Post by Simon_Jester »

Honestly, you're beating yourself up so hard it's obvious that you're suffering from the influence of something that isn't "you" (e.g. an abusive person in your life, some sort of disastrous bad luck, or just a particularly nasty attack of the black dog).

It'd take a lot of callousness to "lay the smackdown" in response to that.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Dragon Angel
Jedi Knight

Post by Dragon Angel »

I can't and don't fault people who are depressed. I certainly am not going to call this "emo whining". I'm riddled with mental illnesses at the moment, so any of that would be a tad hypocritical of me for sure.

I haven't seen much of your posting; my only opinion is you have a metric ton of stress from world events. Which, honestly, the media doesn't exactly help those matters, and real life doesn't exactly help those matters either. It takes a lot of learning to be less stressed by the world and in some cases, less paranoid something will happen to you. We hear a lot of the evils occurring, but we don't hear much of positive events, good developments. As pattern-oriented biological meat machines, we end up subconsciously absorbing all this negative and ... well, the obvious happens.

Friends and trying (well, emphasis on trying...) to focus on my hobbies have been helping me to mitigate what I'm going through. I'd ... go as far as to say they've probably saved me from killing myself, so far.

Do you have anything, perhaps any side hobbies, that you enjoy, that would help you divert your attention from the bad shit happening around the world?
"I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers, consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin', while my thoughts were busy hatchin', if I only had a brain!
I would not be just a nothin', my head all full of stuffin', my heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be would be a ding-a-derry, if I only had a brain!"
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Dragon Angel wrote:I can't and don't fault people who are depressed. I certainly am not going to call this "emo whining". I'm riddled with mental illnesses at the moment, so any of that would be a tad hypocritical of me for sure.

I haven't seen much of your posting; my only opinion is you have a metric ton of stress from world events. Which, honestly, the media doesn't exactly help those matters, and real life doesn't exactly help those matters either. It takes a lot of learning to be less stressed by the world and in some cases, less paranoid something will happen to you. We hear a lot of the evils occurring, but we don't hear much of positive events, good developments. As pattern-oriented biological meat machines, we end up subconsciously absorbing all this negative and ... well, the obvious happens.

Friends and trying (well, emphasis on trying...) to focus on my hobbies have been helping me to mitigate what I'm going through. I'd ... go as far as to say they've probably saved me from killing myself, so far.

Do you have anything, perhaps any side hobbies, that you enjoy, that would help you divert your attention from the bad shit happening around the world?
Thank you (and Simon_Jester). Hmm... hobbies? Well I tried programming a few times but it all went over my head. I write occassionally too. Maybe I should try more of that.

Edit: and I really should improve my diet, I bet what I'm eating is not helping either.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Just my personal experience, but owning up to being an asshole goes a long way to fixing things.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Dragon Angel
Jedi Knight

Post by Dragon Angel »

SolarpunkFan wrote:Thank you (and Simon_Jester). Hmm... hobbies? Well I tried programming a few times but it all went over my head. I write occassionally too. Maybe I should try more of that.

Edit: and I really should improve my diet, I bet what I'm eating is not helping either.
I've kind of been learning more programming on the side. The way I've learned has been to observe people chatting about subjects in an IRC channel / some articles and their comments that were way over my head, until I eventually pieced them together and absorbed them. Maybe that can work for you too. :)

I dunno about your diet, but just be careful with that too, as it's pretty easy to go from one extreme to another.
"I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers, consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin', while my thoughts were busy hatchin', if I only had a brain!
I would not be just a nothin', my head all full of stuffin', my heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be would be a ding-a-derry, if I only had a brain!"
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Hobbies don't have to include computers, you know. Do something analog. Buy a bike. Pick up a sudoku book. Go down the Games Workshop black hole and start painting miniatures. That kind of thing.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Doing something that gets you outside may help a lot- humans aren't really wired to spend all our time indoors doing sedentary tasks. It can screw up our brains.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Elheru Aran wrote:Hobbies don't have to include computers, you know. Do something analog. Buy a bike. Pick up a sudoku book. Go down the Games Workshop black hole and start painting miniatures. That kind of thing.
No, don't go down the Games Workshop black hole. Nothing escapes from there. Not even in the Warp.

(besides, I don't know if Solarpunk has a small fortune to spare)

Solarpunk, if you like writing, and, assuming you have a laptop, combine that with a nice change of scenery, like, say, a trip to the public library, or even a nice walk outside.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Eh, you can find the models elsewhere (and perfectly legally too) than GW. Mind you, they're still not cheap, but not GW$$$. They're honestly pretty decent for plastic/resin models, pretty good for painting on. Have they dropped that Finecast dreck yet?

Backpacking, hiking, visiting your local parks/state parks/national parks...

Are you in school? Poke around the billboards. See if there's a group of runners/joggers/walkers. Hell, advertise yourself as a 'people walker' (I am absolutely serious) who will walk with people for something like $7 per mile.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

SolarpunkFan wrote:I've started to think about things and it seems to me that hatred is winning over love, or at leas sanity, in the world.

And I'm certainly not innocent in that regard. I've been nasty to all sorts of people (especially online), and every time I think I've left it behind it comes back. And all of this shit going on everywhere, and my complicity in doing a part in continuing it is just eating me up inside.

I know somebody might tell me to see a psychiatrist, but I've been seeing one for years and I'm medicated.

I know, I know, this all comes across as just more emo whining from me. If you all want to lay the smackdown on me, go ahead. Hell, I don't even care if I get banned for being such an obnoxious twat, I'd probably deserve it in any case.
Wrong forum. As a Catholic I advise 111 hail Mary's and a lifetime of self loathing.

But seriously you should probably see someone for talk therapy to clean out the rafters in your head as it were. As long as they aren't pushy trying to set goals and have you accomplish them whether ready or not. I find it helps me when I can get one that doesn't quit or retire after 3 sessions. :lol:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Elheru Aran wrote: Hell, advertise yourself as a 'people walker' (I am absolutely serious) who will walk with people for something like $7 per mile.
I can't decide whether that is more sad or cool that someone can actually make money by doing this.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Adam Reynolds wrote:
Elheru Aran wrote: Hell, advertise yourself as a 'people walker' (I am absolutely serious) who will walk with people for something like $7 per mile.
I can't decide whether that is more sad or cool that someone can actually make money by doing this.
Its not cool. Sad. On the cusp of cool. But very sad.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Hookers and blow, works every time.

But seriously. Turn off your computer, disconnect your TV and cellphone, and get out into the real world with real people. Most of your problems will solve themselves once you disconnect from the virtual world and reenter the real world. And if that doesn't work there's always hookers and blow.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

It is, I have to say, a lot easier to feel like the world is insane and evil when you view the whole thing through a tiny pinhole.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Speaking as one of our resident fucking lunatics, my advice is to stop caring whether you are sane or not. You do what you do. Try not to hurt anybody, unless they try to hurt you first, in which case I'm not going to advocate violence but I'm not not going to, either. You only get one life. Ride it like a black unicorn down the side of an exploding volcano while drinking from a chalice filled with the laughter of small children. What's the worst that can happen? Somebody thinks you're nuts? So what if they're right?

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker