OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: Explain yourself RAR

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: a grocery store chain
Safeway are some fascist pigs, man! :lol:
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

salm wrote:Thanks to the Britsish empire there are plenty of third world nations where English is spoken by a very large number of people or where English is even an official language.
Then I'll speak German and feign a fractured understanding of the English language. It really doesn't matter--I'll exploit their religious beliefs, whatever they are, to my advantage, by converting. Frankly, I don't think I can offer any secular platitudes that will mollify them. But repenting after having been shown the enormity of my sins? It's not a sure bet, but it's definitely a good place to start.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Basic scenario: When wagering on human action, I never bet on calm, disciplined oration.

Q scenario: When wagering on human action, I never bet against thoughtless self-preservation.