Cork in the whiskey.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Re: Cork in the whiskey.

Post by Raw Shark »

General Zod wrote:At least it's not meth.
Meth isn't even fun. It's like cigarettes: Shitty, but really, really addictive. Coke is a little too fun. Whole different flavor of bad.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Executor32 wrote:Another suggestion, if you can get it, is Lagavulin's 16-year-old Islay Scotch. It's a tad more expensive than Wild Turkey, but hey, if it's good enough for Nick Offerman, it's good enough for me.
Nah it uses a cork, is shit.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

My first whiskey was Glenfiddich, then later I met Glenlivet and Glenmorangie. This sold me on Single Malt blends for life, but I will be honest, I am not a fan of the peat whiskeys. The smoke is just too deep for my palate. Ardbeg, Laphroiag, it doesn't matter; if it's Ismay I choke on the smoke.

I am also not a fan of water/ice in my drink, although I have recently been told "a drop of water makes the flavors come out more!" (It was Laphroag, what flavor does it have besides "smoke"?) Scotch should be drinkable straight two-fingers, or not at all, imho. Also, Scotch should be sipped, never shot, and held in the mouth a moment to let the flavor linger. It should also taste just as good on the exhale (after the BURN of the swallow) as it did in the mouth.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

His Divine Shadow wrote:
Executor32 wrote:Another suggestion, if you can get it, is Lagavulin's 16-year-old Islay Scotch. It's a tad more expensive than Wild Turkey, but hey, if it's good enough for Nick Offerman, it's good enough for me.
Nah it uses a cork, is shit.
So far every bottle I bought uses cork. So what gives.
LadyTevar wrote:My first whiskey was Glenfiddich, then later I met Glenlivet and Glenmorangie. This sold me on Single Malt blends for life, but I will be honest, I am not a fan of the peat whiskeys. The smoke is just too deep for my palate. Ardbeg, Laphroiag, it doesn't matter; if it's Ismay I choke on the smoke.

I am also not a fan of water/ice in my drink, although I have recently been told "a drop of water makes the flavors come out more!" (It was Laphroag, what flavor does it have besides "smoke"?) Scotch should be drinkable straight two-fingers, or not at all, imho. Also, Scotch should be sipped, never shot, and held in the mouth a moment to let the flavor linger. It should also taste just as good on the exhale (after the BURN of the swallow) as it did in the mouth.
Yea I'm going to stick to fruity/sweet whiskys myself.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

it was a joke based on something said on the 1st page.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

LadyTevar wrote:I am also not a fan of water/ice in my drink, although I have recently been told "a drop of water makes the flavors come out more!" (It was Laphroag, what flavor does it have besides "smoke"?) Scotch should be drinkable straight two-fingers, or not at all, imho. Also, Scotch should be sipped, never shot, and held in the mouth a moment to let the flavor linger.
De gusitbus non est distbutandum.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker