NFL 2016

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Re: NFL 2016

Post by Elfdart »

GODDAMNIT! :banghead:

The Chargers have had the lead in all four games at the two minute warning, yet they lost three of the four. Holy fuck what a kick in the balls! The Chargers' season is over after four weeks.
:banghead:
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Elfdart wrote:GODDAMNIT! :banghead:

The Chargers have had the lead in all four games at the two minute warning, yet they lost three of the four. Holy fuck what a kick in the balls! The Chargers' season is over after four weeks.
:banghead:
I love the Chargers. Even though they're rarely the worst team in the NFL, they're frequently the most disappointing.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Another week, another Chargers choke job. Jesus Christ they're the Special Delivery Jones of football. This time I'm glad they found a new way to snatch humiliating defeat from the maw of thrilling victory. McCoy is the kind of bedwetting conservative coach who makes sure to go for a tie late in a game instead of taking a risk for the lead/win. Trailing 34-31 he played for the field goal on 4th and Inches, even though it meant giving the ball back to Oakland's offense with about two minutes left, whom the Chargers hadn't stopped all day.

And of course, being the Chargers, they couldn't just miss the FG. Oh no, that wouldn't be enough of a pooch screw to cost them the game: when the Chargers screw the pooch, they do it BALLS DEEP! So the holder bobbles the snap and the ensuing slapstick puts Larry, Moe and Curly to shame. Fuck me.

Oh and Thanas, it looks like the Ravens finally got the good sense to get rid of Marc Trestman, another ham & egger:

ESPN

This is why the Ravens have two trophies after 20 years while the Chargers haven't won anything since LBJ was president. Maybe Mornhinweg is no improvement over Trestman, but Trestman was useless so Baltimore sent him packing. The Chargers would have given him an extension.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Elfdart wrote:Another week, another Chargers choke job. Jesus Christ they're the Special Delivery Jones of football. This time I'm glad they found a new way to snatch humiliating defeat from the maw of thrilling victory. McCoy is the kind of bedwetting conservative coach who makes sure to go for a tie late in a game instead of taking a risk for the lead/win. Trailing 34-31 he played for the field goal on 4th and Inches, even though it meant giving the ball back to Oakland's offense with about two minutes left, whom the Chargers hadn't stopped all day.

And of course, being the Chargers, they couldn't just miss the FG. Oh no, that wouldn't be enough of a pooch screw to cost them the game: when the Chargers screw the pooch, they do it BALLS DEEP! So the holder bobbles the snap and the ensuing slapstick puts Larry, Moe and Curly to shame. Fuck me.

Oh and Thanas, it looks like the Ravens finally got the good sense to get rid of Marc Trestman, another ham & egger:

ESPN

This is why the Ravens have two trophies after 20 years while the Chargers haven't won anything since LBJ was president. Maybe Mornhinweg is no improvement over Trestman, but Trestman was useless so Baltimore sent him packing. The Chargers would have given him an extension.
I'm against fairweather fans very much. But dude, call the ball. You have the LameAss Rams now. No one will blame you.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Post by houser2112 »

The Giants finally broke their atrocious 3-game skid. Playing the hapless Ravens, who have their own 3-game skid now, couldn't have come at a better time.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

We suck so bad. :banghead:
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Quoth the Ravens, "We never score."
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Flagg wrote:Quoth the Ravens, "We never score."
:lol: That's awesome.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Thanas wrote:We suck so bad. :banghead:
On second thought, maybe canning the OC wasn't a good idea. How many OCs have the Ravens gone through since 2012? Four? That's not good.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Flagg wrote:I'm against fairweather fans very much. But dude, call the ball. You have the LameAss Rams now. No one will blame you.
I just can't quit 'em now! :banghead:

They tried and tried to choke away the Thursday night game against the Donkeys (not using the hands team when everyone knew the onside kick was afoot, settling for FGs) but Denver just took the night off. McCoy looked like he was about to start blubbering and now the national sports media have adopted him like an abandoned puppy.

Which only means the next time the Chargers blow a 4th quarter lead, ESPN'S gasbags will feast on his flesh and gnaw on his bones.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Jesus Christ, Hoyer's arm got fucking annihilated. I'm pretty sure "Clay Matthews' Head" is right near the top of the List of Things I Don't Want to Smash Into My Arm.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Elfdart wrote:
Flagg wrote:I'm against fairweather fans very much. But dude, call the ball. You have the LameAss Rams now. No one will blame you.
I just can't quit 'em now! :banghead:

They tried and tried to choke away the Thursday night game against the Donkeys (not using the hands team when everyone knew the onside kick was afoot, settling for FGs) but Denver just took the night off. McCoy looked like he was about to start blubbering and now the national sports media have adopted him like an abandoned puppy.

Which only means the next time the Chargers blow a 4th quarter lead, ESPN'S gasbags will feast on his flesh and gnaw on his bones.
I admire your unflinching commitment. I still laugh, though.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Wow the Eagles Viking game is at five turnovers in the first and only 52 actual yards gained by both teams together, and 0-0. Three of the turnovers were in 90 seconds or so. Nothing like a high school game on an NFL field.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

In other news, I wish the ravens were a high school team....
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Harbaugh should be thankful for that SB trophy, without which the vultures might start circling Baltimore.

Oh, and thanks for the win Mr Falcons coach. How does it feel to go up against Mike McCoy and end up being the one who makes the blunder that cost your team the game?
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Man, that SeeAsshole, Newlantis game was great. My only complaint is that if you're going to call Seattle for every fucking penalty under the sun (all deserved) you should call the really important one against New Orleans. Still, awesome game. I love seeing the SeeCocks punching themselves in the face for 3 hours.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Hey Thanas, Norv's available now! 8)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

You know I am almost at the point where I go and think "meh, can't be any worse".
------------
------------
My LPs
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Thanas wrote:.....

You know I am almost at the point where I go and think "meh, can't be any worse".
And then you beat the Steelers and are tied for first place in a garbage division.

Also that onside kick... shit was hilarious. :lol:
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I will happily sit at .500 if we beat the steelers. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Tbf the onside jig worked in college https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHECbl ... e=youtu.be
------------
------------
My LPs
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Thanas wrote:I will happily sit at .500 if we beat the steelers. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Tbf the onside jig worked in college https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHECbl ... e=youtu.be
And I will happily root for Baltimore when they do.

Against Bumblefuck State U

My 10 year olds kids pull that kick off better in U12 soccer.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr.

GOAT
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

...at cheating :P
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:...at cheating :P
And not getting touched. Like when he avoided a hit by prancing backwards while flapping his arms like I do if I'm taking a piss and suddenly a teeny spider appears in front of my face dangling from a silk thread. :lol:

That's happened like 3 times in the few years we've lived in this house.

The war against the arachnids will never end until we get every last one!

Would You Like To Know More?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Thanas wrote:...at cheating :P
Did they cheat last night?