NFL 2016

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: NFL 2016

Post by Thanas »

Since Matt Elam is probably a New England double agent.....I'm gonna go with yes.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Black Monday hits L.A. three weeks early!

I always assumed Jeff Fisher had photographs of NFL higher-ups doing unnatural things with animals. How else can his career be explained?

My guess is that the 2-year extension, followed by Fisher's dismissal was NOT an example of the Rams being incompetent and incoherent, but simply a buyout to provide Fisher with a duffel bag full of Fuck You money as he retires before becoming the losingest coach in NFL history.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

That said, FUCK JEFF FISHER WITH A RUSTY CATTLE PROD! His teams have always been dirty, his coaching staff is always made up of hooligans like Gregg Williams and Chuck Cecil who encourage dirty play. Shawne Merriman's career was ruined thanks to dirty hit on his knee by one of Fisher's thug players. The best highlight from the ass-kicking the Falcons put on the Rams was watching one of Fisher's hoodlum players trying to lay a dirty hit on a Falcons receiver, only to get carted off because he injured himself in the attempt.
Vain
Padawan Learner

Post by Vain »

Col. Crackpot wrote:Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr.

GOAT
I don't think Brady is the greatest of all time. I do think he has the best resume of all time, because he's played with the best team under the best coach. I think there are a number of guys who are as football smart as Brady and had (or have) better physical tools and would have been even more successful in New England.

That having been said, he was balling out Monday night and deserved that win. I am looking forward to getting revenge in January.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Vain wrote:

GOAT
I don't think Brady is the greatest of all time. I do think he has the best resume of all time, because he's played with the best team under the best coach. I think there are a number of guys who are as football smart as Brady and had (or have) better physical tools and would have been even more successful in New England.

That having been said, he was balling out Monday night and deserved that win. I am looking forward to getting revenge in January.
Would you care to elaborate on the aforementioned number of great guys, all the best guys, Mr. Trump?
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Unitas certainly was far more revolutionary.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Vain wrote:

GOAT

Too bad they are all shitheads. Something shitty about all the star players comes to light. I man I like Rodgers and Matthews, so they are likely the Long Island serial killers. That's a joke. But even Peyton Manning has done horrid shit.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Vain
Padawan Learner

Post by Vain »

Col. Crackpot wrote:
Vain wrote:

GOAT

Would you care to elaborate on the aforementioned number of great guys, all the best guys, Mr. Trump?
Thanas already said Unitas. Aaron Rodgers, John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, Roger Staubach. But that's just, like, my opinion, man.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Col. Crackpot wrote:
Thanas wrote:...at cheating :P
Did they cheat last night?
They cheat every night. You know damned well there's a bunker with 'Minority Report' clairvoyances predicting every play the opponents will make in the upcoming week somewhere in the greater Boston area. :P
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Skywalker4eva
Redshirt

Post by Skywalker4eva »

The first team that LA had in years - SUCKS!
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I can't for the life of me understand why a team fires a coach when the season is almost over. What's the point? It's not like the Jaguars are going to sign a new coach right away. On top of that, any candidate for an HC job now knows the ownership in Jacksonville is inept.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

I'm still sad about Carr's ankle.
XXXI
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I didn't want to say anything about the Chargers-Browns game because I fucking KNEW that even though the Browns are the worst team since the 0-16 Lions, that my Chargers would find a way to shit the bed 4th and 29-style. Sure enough, that's exactly what they did.

Oh, and all these early coach firings are pissing me off (Bye bye, Rex!). One of the few things I like about the NFL nowadays is Black Monday and now the owners are ruining that, too. :banghead:
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Steve Smith Sr is my new favorite retired football player.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Those play-off games were mostly disappointing. Even the Packers-Giants game was only really close for the first half (although that hail mary pass right at the end of the first half was amazing - Rodgers can throw some incredibly high passes).
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Fuck you forever Dean Spanos! :finger:
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Elfdart wrote:Fuck you forever Dean Spanos! :finger:
San Dieeego Superchargers, San Diego, CHARGERS!
:lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Wait, so now Las Lamejelos has 2 shitty football teams? With the Raiders of the Injured QB Hand a 4 hour drive away in Las Vegas? :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The best part is that the Raitards are the only team out of the three that has enough fans in L.A. to sell >50,000 tickets a game. It was humiliating enough to see Raider fans outnumbering Charger fans at Qaalcomm. Just wait til the Chargers start playing "home" games in Los Angeles!

I remember when the Colts left Baltimore, when the Raitards left Oakland and L.A., when the Browns left Cleveland: there was genuine sadness and anger. When the Cardinals and Rams left St. Louis, when the Rams left L.A. and when the Oilers left Houston, the feeling was one of relief: finally she's someone else's problem now. While there's some sadness, anger and relief in San Diego, the main reaction from jilted ex-fans is laughter, as in "Holy shit Dean Spanos really is that fucking stupid!" or this gem:

Dean Spanos is the Masturbating Security Guard of NFL Owners

Nationwide, the reaction in sports media has been to tell the people of San Diego "You go, girl!" and wondering aloud how the other NFL owners could possibly allow such a clusterfuck. Namely, an NFL team not only goes where no one wants it, but in order to do so, they will be a tenant of a minor league soccer team and play "home" games in StubHubb Field, which holds maybe 25,000 people. The soccer team put out a press release saying that the Chargers and NFL were going to have to work around THEIR schedule, since minor league soccer takes precedence over the Chargers!

Just imagine being the owner of a visiting team next season. You get around 35% of the box office take, while the home team gets the rest. Assuming tickets will average $50 each, you are looking forward to a whopping $440,000 in exchange for bringing your team to play in a soccer field in Carson. I'm thinking the other owners will try to force Spanos to sell the team.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

8)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

The best part is, everyone in that picture has a relieved smile. :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Atlanta hasn't had its heart ripped out like that since William Tecumseh Sherman.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I knew the Falcons were toast with the two injury time outs. Without those, the Pats wouldn't have had time to tie the game.

One thing that has driven me nuts for many years is that late in the game, when the defensive line is gassed, the defense keeps rushing four even though they aren't getting anywhere near the QB. A coach should have the brains/balls to bite the bullet and simply drop ten men into coverage. Rex Ryan did this a few years ago and it worked. No one has done it since.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Can we start calling the Patriots a dynasty yet or are the butthurt anti-Pats still pulling excuses? :razz:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

RogueIce wrote:Can we start calling the Patriots a dynasty yet or are the butthurt anti-Pats still pulling excuses? :razz:
As they say in France fait accompli