Panhandlers

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Re: Panhandlers

Post by Knife »

I don't know about other areas, but all of the organizations around here recommend that you do not give to the homeless, rather you give to one of the organizations who provide for them. You could say it is self serving, but I don't think so. A lot of the 'pan handlers' aren't homeless, nor vets, nor just trying to get gas money to get home to their kids. A lot of them are poor folks sure, but poor scammers. I've also read some reports/news about groups/gangs/organizations who pretty much put people on the streets and take most of the proceeds.

If I do feel charitable, I'd give to one of the organizations locally or if I just wanted to help an individual I would not give money, rather, offer to buy them a burger or offer to help them dispense the gas and pay for it.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Re: Panhandlers

Post by Isolder74 »

Well I ran into the pair I mentioned before today and well they were picking a fight with another homeless guy who was sitting at the bus stop. As far as i could tell the two's only reason was to drive the guy off because they wanted to camp out at the bus stop and he was in their way. A co-worker and I called the cops after a few others at the stop too broke up the fight but not before they tossed the guy's shoe they'd pulled off him after pushing him over and starting to both kick him.

They then told the cops the co-worker was the guy's daughter(As if they thought that would nullify her account not to mention mine) when our version of the story was different then their's.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!