Why does using a electric heater make me feel fatigued/exhausted?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: Why does using a electric heater make me feel fatigued/exhausted?

Post by Broomstick »

Raw Shark wrote:
Broomstick wrote:I have a parrot that has figured out how this works and will crawl under a blanket of his own volition when he is cold. Why haven't you figured this out?
It's official - Broomstick's parrot is smarter than Archinist.
Actually, 5 of the 8 parrots I've owned have figured this out. 7 of 11 if you count the two lovebird chicks we sent off the pet store as we didn't need an actual flock of those. Meaning the average parrot of several different species is smarter than Archinist.

The only ones that don't do that are the cockatiels. That's partly because they have more cold tolerance than a lot of other parrot species. They are also, as Australian wildlife, a little bit... odd.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Regarding warnings about infants and blankets - while it os true that you shouldn't over-cover your child, it's because of possible suffocation, not cold. Most parenting guides are not written by people with any particular expertise; this is a rare example of them coming up with the right conclusion from a stupid premise.

And, Archinist, the idea that warm clothing or blankets don't make you... Well, warm is in fact a stupid premise. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

well, well I throw on a leather jacket it takes a while to warm up, and if I#'m cold to start with the extra skin tempreture drop when i put the jacket on is unpleasant. As long as I'm moving around it warms up quickly. Movement is important here. The wife has to wear gloves even during the summer at work becuase sitting at a desk means her hands start to get cold.

And if you sit somewhere cold for too long your legs get cold. This means when you start to move all your nice hot blood gets sent through the cool legs and returns to your core, suddenly cooling it too. Big hypothermia risk factor that.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

muse wrote:
Terralthra wrote:10 Celsius is 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Not t-shirt weather for most, I'd think, though certainly not beyond the "light jacket/sweater" range.
Or Finland at -40…..

That's t-shirt weather where I'm from too, and when I lived in Chicago, they stared at anyone wearing a jacket above 0 C.

Anyway, who uses a space heater at 10 C? That's almost comfy cool.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Ahem. Or he's from warmer climates. 50 degrees F would be quite brisk for a Georgian. Though given the quality of his posting I suspect he more likely hails from Florida, Alabama or Mississippi...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Hey man, there is no point insulting everyone from there just because of one person.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

I think I've figured it out: "using an electric heater" is clearly a euphemism, and it totally explains why it makes him tired if he leaves it on too long.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

What the fuck is a cold count?
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

The number of anti-calories in an object, of course. Next you'll tell me you've never heard of reversing the polarity of a neutron flow.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice