Recommend me some Podcast's please.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Recommend me some Podcast's please.

Post by Lost Soal »

Looking for some story based Podcasts to listen to at work.
The ones I've listened to and liked are
Welcome To Night Vale
Alice Isn't Dead
Limetown Stories
Sayer

Anymore in a similar vein to these would be great.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Re: Recommend me some Podcast's please.

Post by InsaneTD »

Wolf 359. It's a sci-fi paranoia style one based on a space station. It's got two seasons.
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

This is fun. Only problem is i'm now on episode 18 after one day, so I'll probably be finished by end of work tomorrow.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Red Shirt Diaries I've heard is good.

If you want more entertainment podcasts I can recommend The Morning Stream and Film Sack.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

I'm going through a lot of different Podcasts of various types in addition to the narrative podcasts I've listed;
What The Fuck!
Radiodrome
Lost in the Static
Nerd To The 3rd
Thespian Talk
Geek Juice Radio
Podquisition & Spin Off Doctors.

Ivanova is always right.

Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Recommending this, not a podcast but a radio play, a what if about the superpowers deciding to go nuclear during the Cold War after a large-scale Soviet invasion of West Germany.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Edict Zero
A Beginner's Guide to Interplanetary Destruction
The Black Tapes
The Grayscale
Byron Chronicles (I would use iTunes. Putting this on the bottom since I forgot the author has poor website etiquette.)
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Edict Zero
The Black Tapes
The Grayscale
Byron Chronicles (I would use iTunes. Putting this on the bottom since I forgot the author has poor website etiquette.)
I'm on to the Byron Chronicles now, any idea what happens between 2.04A: Starlight Dreams & 2.05: The Coming Storm? The story just jums as if there is a missing episode but I can't seem to find one

Ivanova is always right.

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Lost Soal wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:Edict Zero
The Black Tapes
The Grayscale
I'm on to the Byron Chronicles now, any idea what happens between 2.04A: Starlight Dreams & 2.05: The Coming Storm? The story just jums as if there is a missing episode but I can't seem to find one
Hm, seems I should relisten to the whole thing again, but it looks like that is how it is with 2.04 Autumn Twlight and 2.04.2 Autumn Dawn preceding Starlight Dreams. Starlight Dreams by the way is sort of an intermission to the storyline so maybe that's why it seems jarring?
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

It jarring because it goes from Spoiler
"I'm captured and being turned into a Vampire" to "I'm free, my captors have run off somewhere, Chris has stopped drinking blood for some reason, oh and by the way I'm mortal now."
That's a hell of a lot to happen off screen, so to speak.

Ivanova is always right.