If Anti-Vaccine Parents Rode the Magic School Bus

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

If Anti-Vaccine Parents Rode the Magic School Bus

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Since I can't figure out why the youtube tag isn't working for me, here's a link:

http://youtu.be/nDjz5qHIzsc
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: If Anti-Vaccine Parents Rode the Magic School Bus

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

The school bus I'd put the anti-vaxxers on would be much shorter, if you get my meaning.

Sad to say, that vid sums up nearly every form of the anti-vaxxer disease organism I've had the displeasure of encountering. Even the ones who claim it's a plot by the Illuminati to control the population and make all but the elites sterile.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:The school bus I'd put the anti-vaxxers on would be much shorter, if you get my meaning.

Sad to say, that vid sums up nearly every form of the anti-vaxxer disease organism I've had the displeasure of encountering. Even the ones who claim it's a plot by the Illuminati to control the population and make all but the elites sterile.
Yeah, making fun of the mentally disabled makes you a better person than anti-vaxxer idiots. Anyway, they live on a magic schoolbus.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Flagg wrote:
U.P. Cinnabar wrote:The school bus I'd put the anti-vaxxers on would be much shorter, if you get my meaning.

Yeah, making fun of the mentally disabled makes you a better person than anti-vaxxer idiots. Anyway, they live on a magic schoolbus.
And, you live in a fantasy world where people give two shits for your opinion. In the real world, no one does. Don't like it, either eat, drink, and be merry, or fuck off, and die. I don't care which.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

This topic has always annoyed me - I know that free speech is restricted in certain cases, (like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater). I wonder if restricting it regarding misinformation on public health issues, like vaccines, would be f any actual use. I suppose that concern can get right behind all the other skewed or outright misinformation that various news agencies put out there...

Still, you can show someone the very evidence firsthand and they'll still refuse to accept it...
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:
Flagg wrote:

And, you live in a fantasy world where people give two shits for your opinion. In the real world, no one does. Don't like it, either eat, drink, and be merry, or fuck off, and die. I don't care which.
Hey man, if you want to be an ableist shithead, have at it. But don't expect to not get called on it. Whiner.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

biostem wrote:This topic has always annoyed me - I know that free speech is restricted in certain cases, (like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater). I wonder if restricting it regarding misinformation on public health issues, like vaccines, would be f any actual use. I suppose that concern can get right behind all the other skewed or outright misinformation that various news agencies put out there...

Still, you can show someone the very evidence firsthand and they'll still refuse to accept it...
There are so many groups that I think could and should be torn apart but for some reason can hide behind "free speech". Like NAMBLA. I mean this is an organization that promotes the legalization of child molestation and has released questionable materials that have been called "how to" manuals for abducting children.

In the case of anti-vaxxers it's a bit harder because they can point to studies (bullshit studies that have been disproven, but they can repeat them and republish them as "new") that support their horseshit, so they can sorta, kinda hide behind them while spreading their disinformation.

Plus all too often they are "true believers" and there's a malevolence behind shouting "fire" in a crowded theater when there is no fire that doesn't exist with the anti-vaxxer crowd. They (at least to my knowledge) think they're helping people. So while the end result is horrible, I think intent plays a part when you take a law enforcement view.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

biostem wrote:This topic has always annoyed me - I know that free speech is restricted in certain cases, (like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater). I wonder if restricting it regarding misinformation on public health issues, like vaccines, would be f any actual use. I suppose that concern can get right behind all the other skewed or outright misinformation that various news agencies put out there...

I don't think lying is protected by free speech. The problem is you'd need to find a judge who's willing to aggressively go after them for as many infractions of fraud as possible.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

General Zod wrote:

I don't think lying is protected by free speech. The problem is you'd need to find a judge who's willing to aggressively go after them for as many infractions of fraud as possible.
Of course lying is protected by free speech. Fraud isn't, but that fits a very specific set of circumstances.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Flagg wrote:There are so many groups that I think could and should be torn apart but for some reason can hide behind "free speech". Like NAMBLA. I mean this is an organization that promotes the legalization of child molestation and has released questionable materials that have been called "how to" manuals for abducting children.
Tear them apart, then. That is your free speech right. Fuck NAMBLA.

The anti-vaxxers support child-poisoning in some cases. Have the fuck at it. I certainly do, and I'm one of the supposed victims that they purportedly defend. Fuck those guys. They don't speak for my needs. Most of them (see ref: Autism Speaks) just want to breed or euthanize me out of the species so that people like me won't exist anymore, and I object very strongly to that.
Flagg wrote:In the case of anti-vaxxers it's a bit harder because they can point to studies (bullshit studies that have been disproven, but they can repeat them and republish them as "new") that support their horseshit, so they can sorta, kinda hide behind them while spreading their disinformation.

Plus all too often they are "true believers" and there's a malevolence behind shouting "fire" in a crowded theater when there is no fire that doesn't exist with the anti-vaxxer crowd. They (at least to my knowledge) think they're helping people. So while the end result is horrible, I think intent plays a part when you take a law enforcement view.
They might mean well, but they're wrong. Prove it to the unbiased audience, even if the true believers will never accept it.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
lordroel
Redshirt

Post by lordroel »

SolarpunkFan wrote:Since I can't figure out why the youtube tag isn't working for me, here's a link:

http://youtu.be/nDjz5qHIzsc
I would think with the views that these Anti-Vaccine Parents have that ridding a Magic School Bus is the work of Satan thus they never would go on board in the first place.