Talia Jane Writes Na Open letter to Her CEO

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Re: Talia Jane Writes Na Open letter to Her CEO

Post by Zeropoint »

So we need less an angry mob with stakes and torches and more of . . . an organized army to go after the 1% . . .
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Zeropoint wrote:So we need less an angry mob with stakes and torches and more of . . . an organized army to go after the 1% . . .
Something along those lines. Anarchy is what the 1% want, I think, a final doing away with the rule of law, and replacement with the rule of men. With them as the top cavemen.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

I came across this quote elsewhere and thought of this thread

“Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed.”
― Herman Melville
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Simon_Jester wrote:For the lower class to have any effect on the elite, they have to be organized, disciplined, orderly.
And then they can march on the rich neighborhoods!
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Thing is, once the poor are mobilized in an orderly manner, violently marching on the elite often becomes totally unnecessary (see all countries that didn't have a communist revolution in the early 20th century).

If order and organization exist, it is often possible to secure one's goals without violence. If they do not exist, no amount of violence will suffice.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Simon_Jester wrote:Thing is, once the poor are mobilized in an orderly manner, violently marching on the elite often becomes totally unnecessary (see all countries that didn't have a communist revolution in the early 20th century).

If order and organization exist, it is often possible to secure one's goals without violence. If they do not exist, no amount of violence will suffice.
Like in 1989, with the (mostly)peaceful collapse of the Warsaw Pact.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford