The People vs OJ Simpson

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Ralin
Sith Marauder

Re: The People vs OJ Simpson

Post by Ralin »

Sea Skimmer wrote:That was only the title of a commentary added by the family, the book title was changed to 'If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer'
We're talking about the way it was presented on the cover of the book. "If" was in extremely tiny, nigh invisible font, at least once the Goldman family got a hold of the rights. Google it sometime; apparently there's more than one version.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Ralin wrote:That's because OJ was the regular programming. They made an entire TV channel for it!
I'm with you on it, it really did drive the country up a wall in a way the Gulf War sure didn't.
It was more than that. this changed the way Americans watched TV. The Daytime Soap Opera never recovered... Why watch that when you can watch something real and compelling live!
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

And you have to consider that one of these things is more deserving of importance than the other. The Gulf War was a big deal because it was an actual war. The OJ trial was a bigger deal than other celebrity homicides because it was the goddamn OJ trial and no one would shut the fuck up about it.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

And now, they've found a knife supposedly buried from that time in OJ's backyard. My Reaction: WHO CARES :banghead:

The only reason I think it's being brought up now is to try to get the spotlight off Trump. God knows we need to hear this shit now, 20yrs down the road.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Darth Yan wrote:There's one theory that OJ's SON Jason might have been the guilty party (he had a long history of mental problems, could be violent and didn't have an alibi). The theory is that OJ WAS on the scene but mostly covered up evidence to protect his son.
Doubt it. OJ had been stalking Nicole for some time. I'm pretty sure he was on one of his usual creepy psychopath stalks, saw Ronald Goldman returning the glasses and he saw them flirting or in his deranged selfish entitled dipshit maggot-riddled mind assumed they were flirting and flew into a rage. Then he fled the scene in his Bronco (a witness who lived in the neighborhood recognized him and his SUV fleeing from the direction of the crime scene to the direction of his home going at a pretty good clip and wearing the black hat/ski-mask thing on his head, but because the prosecutors were fucking morons she wasn't called to testify) and cleaned himself up and flew to Chicago.

The crime scene evidence and the evidence in his car and home suggest it wasn't a planned premeditated murder, but rather a premeditated (since he knew what he was going to do even a second before things got stabby-slashy it's premeditated) rage killing. Plus the shoes he wore (and lied about ever wearing, unfortunately for him there are a bunch of pictures of him wearing them) matched a pair he owned.

People like to blame the jury as being idiots, but honestly I think they followed the law and I'd bet dollars to donuts that they wanted to convict, but the ineptness of the toddlers who prosecuted Simpson (And Grand Wizard Mark Furhman) made it impossible to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. You also need to remember that the Jury was very limited in the information they had as opposed to literally everyone else paying attention to the trial.

That said, OJ did it and there's no doubt in my mind. But he got away with it because of the fact that the prosecution was so fucking inept and full of hubris, that they didn't call the eyewitness who saw him fleeing the scene. The DNA evidence was compromised and cast into doubt by a detective who mishandled the blood collected and Mark Furhman who is such a bad detective (He helped convict Michael Skakel (sp?) for the murder of Martha Moxley, and last I'd heard that conviction is in question) and an incredibly racist cunt that he probably did plant some kind of evidence in the case (Afterall, he took the fifth when asked if he did. Legally you can't make a judgement based on someone taking the fifth, but logically if he's refusing to answer the question of whether or not he planted evidence in the Brown-Simpson/Goldman murders so as to not incriminate himself, he almost certainly planted some kind of evidence despite not needing to).

Then you have the single stupidest move on the part of the prosecution (Clark and Darden weren't fit to prosecute traffic court, that's how fucking inept they were), the coup de grace: Giving an actor (not an especially good actor, but an experienced actor who isn't that good can give a hell of a performance when their life or freedom is on the line) the bloody gloves that didn't fit both because he made sure they wouldn't by his performance and because he stopped taking arthritis medication that kept his joints (his hands, especially) from becoming swollen and inflamed.

So no, it wasn't OJ's kid from his first marriage, it was OJ. And really, it's the all too common culmination of relationships involving domestic violence, especially when it's perpetrated by the male on the female. It's just that this time the perpetrator was one of the biggest, most popular, and most beloved celebrities in the world. I mean they were almost ready to cast Simpson as the killer cyborg in 'The Terminator' but decided that he was just too nice a guy to play the part believably.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw