Tolkien tourism in New Zealand

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Tolkien tourism in New Zealand

Post by mr friendly guy »

Ok, so 2016 will be a good year for me to travel. Actually since I only signed a 6 month contract I have plenty of time to travel. Basically in March I am off to China and Taiwan. In May already booked by trip to the Nordic countries and Eurovision.

In April I am thinking of popping over across to our neighbors in Middle Earth, er I mean New Zealand. I am sort of thinking of doing a 3 day walking tour around the South Island at Nelson with the Abel Tasman guided tour (http://www.newzealand.com.au/tours/abel ... king-break) then popping over to Wellington and eventually getting to Hobbiton and maybe Auckland. My question is, what are the good Lord of the Ring tours available. Basically I need to at least see Hobbiton, although some of the other tourist attractions like caves I could most probably pass.

So what the good tours?

Edit - what's also the best way from Wellington to Matamata where Hobbiton is located at?
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.