Tap talk....

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Tap talk....

Post by JI_Joe84 »

So I have recently acquired a new phone, it is a major step up from my old phone. The old being a zte valet with 500 mb of ram on a weak single core processor to a zte lever "phablet" with quad core and 2 gigs of ram. So a pretty big step up, ya and I'm still learning here so plz go easy.
Any who I was nocked down to 2g (used up my allowance I guess) and noticed it was hard to get sites forums to load. So I tried this "tap talk" thing, and it worked great, fast and snappy even on 2g data.
So why is SDnet not on tap talk? Are we on some other program(app they call it now)?

2nd question: when I tap on my browser app ( I use Google) and it goes to the search engine by default some times my most visited sites are icons at the bottom and some times its other stuff like now it's a black bow. why do they go away? Is there any preference that will default them on every time I navigate to the Google home page?
I put this in this forum because apparently we don't have a computer technical support forum.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: Tap talk....

Post by Lonestar »

It isn't on Tapatalk because Mike and Dalton haven't done the work for it.

Most people joined SDN long before mobile computing was a Thing and so we continue to use it primarily with computers.

Ask your Google question on an android forum for a better answer. Android Central even uses tapatalk, since apparently you communicate exclusively with by phone.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

And we do have a support forum for computers. It's called "Games, Electronics and Computers". If you need help with general computer issues, post there. If you need help with issues regarding using this board specifically, post in the sticky on this forum, "Report Board Software Problems".

The board likely isn't going to get changed over to Taptalk because of what Lonestar said-- most people use computers and it doesn't get enough traffic that upgrading the software to be more mobile-friendly is worth it. Mike just did a major upgrade to the forum, don't know if he cares to do another one anytime soon.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Lonestar wrote:It isn't on Tapatalk because Mike and Dalton haven't done the work for it.

Most people joined SDN long before mobile computing was a Thing and so we continue to use it primarily with computers.

Ask your Google question on an android forum for a better answer. Android Central even uses tapatalk, since apparently you communicate exclusively with by phone.
I have zero access to this site's backend, but the new browser themes work well on mobile devices.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

Ohhh well thanks every body. Where I live we had land line internet but now its not available and since I was the primary user and was using the much fast hot spots in town we let it go. Now I just use my phone, 4g LTE is very good for random surfing but the tiny keyboard not so much.
One day I will have a land line connection again but its just not convenient right now.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

JI_Joe84 wrote:Ohhh well thanks every body. Where I live we had land line internet but now its not available and since I was the primary user and was using the much fast hot spots in town we let it go. Now I just use my phone, 4g LTE is very good for random surfing but the tiny keyboard not so much.
One day I will have a land line connection again but its just not convenient right now.
Does your mobile provider offer some sort of tethering option?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

You can also pick up keyboards which can interface with your phone via Bluetooth or cable or whatever.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

General Zod wrote:
JI_Joe84 wrote:Ohhh well thanks every body. Where I live we had land line internet but now its not available and since I was the primary user and was using the much fast hot spots in town we let it go. Now I just use my phone, 4g LTE is very good for random surfing but the tiny keyboard not so much.
Does your mobile provider offer some sort of tethering option?
Hhhmm don't know.
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

Elheru Aran wrote:You can also pick up keyboards which can interface with your phone via Bluetooth or cable or whatever.
That could work, will have to look into this.