Mark Wahlberg starring in 6-billion dollar man

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Mark Wahlberg starring in 6-billion dollar man

Post by Borgholio »

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/six-b ... 201631580/
Dimension Films has dated “The Six Billion Dollar Man” starring Mark Wahlberg for Dec 22, 2017.

“Wild Tales” helmer Damián Szifron wrote the screenplay and is going to direct.

Production is set to start September 2016. Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson and Bob Weinstein are producing the film.

“The Six Million Dollar Man” is based on the classic television series from the 1970s and the novel “Cyborg” by Martin Caidin. The story follows military officer Steve Austin, who becomes part of a top secret government program after a horrific accident leaves him near death. With the help of cutting edge technology, Steve is brought back to life with extraordinary abilities, making him the world’s first truly bionic man.

“I’m thrilled to assemble ‘The Six Billion Dollar Man’ for the big screen with the likes of Bob Weinstein and Damián Szifron,” said Wahlberg. “We look forward to creating a Steve Austin for the 21st century.”

Overseeing production for TWC-Dimension are Matthew Signer, EVP of Production and Creative Affairs, and Keith Levine, SVP of Production and Development.

“Writing the screenplay was such a fantastic ride and embarking on this journey with Mark, Bob and Stephen to take this story to a whole new level is simply spectacular,” said Szifron. “Growing up, these kind of films left an indelible mark on me and now it feels so good to be making one.”
Well...at least they're adjusting the title to account for inflation...
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Re: Mark Wahlberg starring in 6-billion dollar man

Post by Iroscato »

My prediction: Robocop with the satire.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

I'm not sure 10 billion quid is sufficient to rebuild Wahlberg into an decent actor.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Chimaera wrote:My prediction: Robocop with the satire.
*Cough* WITHOUT the satire, I mean. Damn edit window etc etc.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Chimaera wrote:
Chimaera wrote:My prediction: Robocop with the satire.
*Cough* WITHOUT the satire, I mean. Damn edit window etc etc.
Lol. I was wondering then I thought 'maybe he means 2014 Robocop was satireless'

But 2014 Robocop did have the SLJ Newscaster as its parody, which wasn't bad on that score.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Dartzap wrote:I'm not sure 10 billion quid is sufficient to rebuild Wahlberg into an decent actor.
He´s got three nipples. That´s got to be worth something...
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

The Six Million Dollar man fought things like Bigfoot, aliens, the Soviets and dictators from Third World nations.

Who is the Six Billion Dollar man going to fight? After all, they're updating it for the 21st century. If you look at how they tried to update its sister show the Bionic Woman, and apparently that didn't turned out so good (not that I have ever seen more than, say one episode).
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Evil Muslims. What else?
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Russians.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Maybe China.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

Those dirty hippies protesting against corruption, police brutality, and unnecessary surveillance.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

I think a lot depends on whether the new Steve Austin is resurrected by a corporation or by the government. Those would have some rather interesting differences in what they're supposed to oppose.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

He should fight international corporations.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

His Divine Shadow wrote:He should fight international corporations.
Wouldn't it then be a bit too much like Robocop, where he ends up fighting against a corrupt international corporation?
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

How could I not think of this earlier? Fembots. Duh.

These days we tend to think of Fembots as popularised by Mike Meyer's Austin Powers, but they appeared waaay back in episodes of the Six Million Dollar man and the Bionic Woman. A lot of the classic Bionic Woman episodes had her fight Fembots and there was one where Jaime Sommers and Steve Austin teamed up to fight the Fembots.

So lets have evil inventor create the Fembots for world domination. Can't get too political with that one, because all the major countries will team up to fight the bad guy (The Classic Bionic Woman episode Doomsday is tomorrow had Jaime team up with a Soviet agent). Thus we can market it to China without having to edit out the Chinese and change them into North Koreans. :D
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.