South Park season 19

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

South Park season 19

Post by Darth Yan »

So the first two episodes have aired and honestly they were pretty funny. They point out that social justice warriors (the ones who think everything is racist or sexist) as idiots while also subtly implying that the antics of sjw's shouldn't be used as an excuse to be intolerant (Kyle tries to give a speech about how Garrison's extremist policies are just making things worse but is intimidated into silence.)
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: South Park season 19

Post by Mr Bean »

How can you ignore the best part of Season 19 Episode 2

For those who've missed the season so far, Episode 1 was great because we got a new character of PC Principle and once again Randy gets involved in the SJW fight pretty much instantly. Also like Season 18 the idea of continuity is back and still big and referring to everything featured on the show before and during.

Episode 2 keeps up the trend but keeps PC Principle on and now Donald Trump is Prime minister of Canada so all the Canadians have to leave for America also Mr Garrison loses his job and appears to be running for President.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

You PC, bro?

Needless to say, I think this season is brilliant so far. There was some dispute on this board recently on why "SJW" is a bad thing, and as usual South Park articulates it better than I could. Social activism is good, but aggressive, authoritarian activism in the name of social justice is not so good.

And Cartman getting beaten half to death not for attempting to frame someone for pedophilia, but for using capiche in a way that could be construed as an offensive stereotype makes me lose it every time. :lol:
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

The timing was pretty uncanny, given the recent discussion we had on the very topic of word police. South Park has a way of elevating ideas into mainstream prominence (an unfortunate example being bullying of gingers) so hopefully this will affect the Twitter lynch mob.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

I did like that PC Principal was pretty much showing exactly why SJWs get so much shit. Seems less interested in rooting out any actually social injustice then going after relatively minor offenses that may not even be sexist/racist/whatever. Acts over-bearing and bullyish towards those minor offenses, does not try to engage or correct why someone saying "capiche" is wrong but instead attacks them. Completely unable to do anything when actual minorities who actually suffer from abuses and lack of equal opportunities. And oh so goddamn white.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Episode 3 was amazing if not only because we once again got to see Kenny taking care of his sister but the premise is hilarious as because Mr Garrison is now running for President everyone is slamming where he came from (South Park) and so... the must attract a Whole Foods.

Also this epsiode accidentally/intentionally makes whole foods look amazing.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

So is this Garrison running for President thing going to be a season-long story or something like that? Because as far as I know, South Park's never really done that sort of thing before.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

The Romulan Republic wrote:So is this Garrison running for President thing going to be a season-long story or something like that? Because as far as I know, South Park's never really done that sort of thing before.
Season 18? Randy Marsh is Lorde which went all season long?

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

I haven't watched a lot of recent episodes. I guess the show has changed in the past few years.

I might actually try to start watching again for Garrison running for President though.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Yeah, starting with the previous season there's been a significant shift in the style of the show. They've been deliberately embracing a heightened sense of continuity, with previous episodes informing the following episodes.

In South Park's inimitable version of reality, the pop singer Lorde is actually Randy Marsh in drag. While this is the primary plot of one episode early in the season, it continues to play out and have ramifications throughout the season. There's other stuff as well, Lorde is just the most salient example.

They're doing the same thing this season, with the arrival of PC Principal (and other PC-bros) and his enforcement of PC culture, and now Garrison's political ambitions.

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

The last I have seen of South Park is South Park Bigger, Longer and Uncut. I have also seen er played Stick of Truth. What's a good way to get to the good episodes and miss the crap ones?
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Typhonis 1 wrote:The last I have seen of South Park is South Park Bigger, Longer and Uncut. I have also seen er played Stick of Truth. What's a good way to get to the good episodes and miss the crap ones?
You are... 14 Seasons behind at this point lets see...

I can recommend you so much see Episodes from Season 4 on and you can decided to watch the rest

Season 4
Cartman's Silly Hate Crime
Timmy 2000

Cartman Silly Hate Crime and Timmy 2000 can be thought of as one episode since one introduces both Phil Collins Hill and Timmy while Timmy 200 features Phil Collins and Timmy both quality episodes

Cartman Joins NAMBLA
Cartman joins the North American Man Boy Love Association... yeah you should watch this one

Something You Can Do with Your Finger
Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?

Another duo series of Episodes and the first time we meet Satan aside from the Bigger Longer and Uncut movie.

The Wacky Molestation Adventure
Trust me, you want to watch this from the name alone

I could go on but it would be a long list, trust me when I say a great deal of South Park is worth watching I'll only shout out from Season 5 Scott Tenorman Must Die, Here Comes the Neighborhood and the best episode of South Park Butters' Very Own Episode

At least until The Poor Kid season 15 Episode 4.

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

For more recent material, I have to throw out the Imaginationland three parter.

Got to disagree about Satan's first appearance though. I'm fairly sure he showed up at least once in season one.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Season 13's "Pee" had me fucking dying. If I could only watch one episode of South Park over and over again, that would be it.

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

The Romulan Republic wrote:For more recent material, I have to throw out the Imaginationland three parter.

Got to disagree about Satan's first appearance though. I'm fairly sure he showed up at least once in season one.
I think he meant that the "do the handicapped go to hell" two parter was Satan's first appearance since the "bigger, longer and uncut" film.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Tweek x Craig
I few words, they asked the internet for their best Yaoi Tweek x Craig artwork and the internet delivered in under five days. It's hilarious how well integrated the art is with the episode.

JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

Brother-Captain Gaius wrote:Yeah, starting with the previous season there's been a significant shift in the style of the show. They've been deliberately embracing a heightened sense of continuity, with previous episodes informing the following episodes.

In South Park's inimitable version of reality, the pop singer Lorde is actually Randy Marsh in drag. While this is the primary plot of one episode early in the season, it continues to play out and have ramifications throughout the season. There's other stuff as well, Lorde is just the most salient example.

They're doing the same thing this season, with the arrival of PC Principal (and other PC-bros) and his enforcement of PC culture, and now Garrison's political ambitions.
Yeah I have noticed continuity in family guy as well as the Simpson's. I wonder if there was a memo in the fox network "draw in better crowds or else" ???
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

So I loved on to south park studio's today and there was a new season 19 episode up.
Any one else seen it? I only cought about half before the library closed.