Rugby World Cup Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Xeelee
Padawan Learner

Rugby World Cup Thread

Post by The Xeelee »

Thread to discuss the upcoming Rugby World Cup including squad announcements and final warm up games! Posted this now because the Wales squad has been announced and they are the most important team in the world :D
The Xeelee
Padawan Learner

Re: Rugby World Cup Thread

Post by The Xeelee »

Welsh squad

Props: Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Paul James (Ospreys), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Samson Lee (Scarlets).

Hookers: Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Ken Owens (Scarlets).

Locks: Jake Ball (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Dominic Day (Bath), Bradley Davies (Wasps), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys).

Back-rows: Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons), James King (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues, capt).

Scrum-halves: Gareth Davies (Scarlets), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues).

Fly-halves: Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Matthew Morgan (Bristol), Rhys Priestland (Bath).

Centres: Cory Allen (Cardiff Blues), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins), Scott Williams (Scarlets).

Wings: Hallam Amos (Newport Gwent Dragons), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), George North (Northampton Saints).

Full-backs: Leigh Halfpenny (Toulon), Liam Williams (Scarlets).
The Xeelee
Padawan Learner

Post by The Xeelee »

If anyone wants to ask something about Rugby feel free!
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

I know a little bit. Played club rugby for a season and a half, not that we were any good in any way, shape or form. Though with my brother and I as locks, no other team could push us in the scrum.
The Xeelee
Padawan Learner

Post by The Xeelee »

Where about are your you from?
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

currently in Kansas. Where I played as well.
The Xeelee
Padawan Learner

Post by The Xeelee »

Ah cool, do you know much about the U.S. Team?

Wales World Cup dreams are in bloody tatters now as well :-(
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

I follow it as much as I do every other sport, meaning not at all. I can't geek out about any sport I am not actually on the field for.
The Xeelee
Padawan Learner

Post by The Xeelee »

Ah cool. USA are playing Australia in a warm up game right now if you are interested.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Are we going to talk about the South Africa vs Japan game? Because I think we should talk about the South Africa vs Japan game. IT. WAS. AWESOME.

Well done to the Cherry Blossoms (heretofore known as the Brave Blossoms) for an amazing, AMAZING game.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
The Xeelee
Padawan Learner

Post by The Xeelee »

Haven't been here in a while, been at the pub watching this AMAZING WORLD CUP!

First, Japan managed to pull off the greatest upset ever by beating South Africa and now ENGLAND ARE OUT OF THEIR OWN WORLD CUP IN THE GROUP STAGES after losing to Australia and Wales!

Big match will be Australia as even though they are both through to the quarter finals the game will decide who tops the group which is vital for Wales as if they top the group they have a good shot at reaching the final!
Korgeta
Padawan Learner

Post by Korgeta »

I was going to get involved with it with G4S however I left in December at protest at being given warning for a no-show even though I was there and the supervisor didn't owe up to the mistake in not including me and I was owed a safety spectator NVQ for over a year, which I finally got of late, still I know some people going and wish them luck, fan wise the behaviour is brilliant compared to the tribal mentality of football/soccer. The downside is the alcohol license in league they can take drinks with them to the seating area etc, can't remember if this applies as much for the six nations let alone the world cup. However I do remember French fans having that minor habbit of bringing full sized wine bottles (glass) into the seating area that they manage to smuggle in.

Disappointed England didn't get very far in this but I have enjoyed the matches so far though Scotland's game against south Africa, controversial decision to say the least, and regardless if the ref needed the loo or whatever the manner he left the pitch was just unprofessional. Annoyed Ireland didn't get through, cost me £5 on betting money!