Flames of War Miniatures

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Flames of War Miniatures

Post by darthkommandant »

These are my painted Volksgrenaidier Kompanie and 2 Stug III G Platoons one early one late.

The Infantry include an HQ with Major Sigfeied Moldenauer, 3 Panzerschreck teams.Also are a sturm team with Stg44 Panzerfaust teams with a Panzerschreck section as well as 2 Mg 42 teams. Finally there is a Schutzen section with k98/mg42 teams with panzerfausts and a panzerschreck section as well. This will be the base of my late war German Army for Flames of War. In addition I also have the German Great War army box with A7Vs and other goodies. But that's for a different thread. I'm also interested in building a Russian Infantry army for Flames of war.
Tiger II fanboy
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Re: Flames of War Miniatures

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Wrong forum...

Are those the plastic sets? Do you have any plans to further base the infantry? I never bothered with basing with my 40K, but I feel like it's a must for FoW. Infantry teams just don't look right without a painted and flocked base, and the detailed plastic urban sets are even better.

Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

It's a metal Volksgrenaidier co set. The stugs are metal and resin as well. I've never painted or flocked a base so I would like to but am afraid to. But I will probably do so at some future point.
Tiger II fanboy
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

darthkommandant wrote:It's a metal Volksgrenaidier co set. The stugs are metal and resin as well. I've never painted or flocked a base so I would like to but am afraid to. But I will probably so so at some future point.
It's pretty easy at the basic level: Just slather the base in some bland earth tone that goes reasonably well with your chosen flock. Avoid bright or saturated "wargaming" colors unless you're specifically trying to color-code your platoons for quick tabletop reference; stick to subdued camouflage colors. In the above example I used the same shade of green that I use as the basis for my Fallschirmjägers' splinter camo.

Then get a tub of flock, I use a Citadel tub of mixed autumn-style long grass. Smear some white/transparent glue (I wouldn't recommend superglue though) all over the base, then carefully shower the stand in flock over a discrete, contained area (you will have a LOT of spillage, and will want to reclaim it back into the tub). Shake and spread around the flock over the base and ensure good coverage, and gently blow excess back into the tub. One flocked base, no problemo.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Andras
Jedi Knight

Post by Andras »

I have US and Germans. You can also use cheap craftstore acrylic paint to attach the flock to the base, just slather the paint on and then coat it in the flock.
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Good news and bad news 2 of the stug cannons broke but I had 2 stuh 42 cannons in reserve so I now have them instead.
Tiger II fanboy