NFL 2015

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Re: NFL 2015

Post by Alferd Packer »

Somehow, OBJ did not get ejected for targeting.

But don't worry, that $50,000 fine he receives will ensure that he's learned his lesson.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I heard he's getting a suspension, which should be more than fifty grand.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Yeah, but the cynic in me thinks they'll schedule his appeal for sometime in January, well after the season, so he'll still be able to play Sunday night. But I can hope they do it promptly so that it can be upheld.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

But they said mean gay slurs at him so that excuses behavior that would have gotten Suh summarily executed on the 50yd line.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

IT IS HATE WEEK.

This in no way shape or form was borne out of deep angst about us getting creamed at home. But fuck it, at least we don't run commercials like this:
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Thanas, are you getting angry about hair salon commercials referencing a team you don't like, in a country in which you don't live?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

No I am just laughing at them and find them hilarious.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/peyton-m ... 58f6599440

Peyton Manning just may be a big fat steroid shooting cheater.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :wtf:
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Everybody is taking drugs, of that I have no doubt.
------------
------------
My LPs
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

You also have no evidence. But when someone is caught... Then what?
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Col. Crackpot wrote:You also have no evidence.
You mean besides those ex players coming forward and admitting it? I think there is little doubt nearly all of them are using something and yes, that includes my own team as well.
But when someone is caught... Then what?
Punishment. Just because everybody is using does not excuse it.

Do I think the rules should be relaxed? Yes. Does that mean that people should not be punished? No.
------------
------------
My LPs
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

That's a fair statement. "Everyone is doing it" statements come across as a defense.

This puts the NFL in a pickle.This is Peyton fucking Manning we are talking about. Mr clean cut and pure as the new fallen snow. The face of the league and one of the greatest i n history. If he of all people is cheating... On roids no less. The integrity of the game is at stake... :wink:
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Meh, this is the guy who should have been jailed for sexual assault a long time ago.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So the Steelers got swept by the Baltimore Ravens.

:)

They most likely are out of the playoffs.

:D

And they still have a worse draft pick than us.

:mrgreen:
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJRPxmTuxoI

The full documentary. Damn convincing.
------------
------------
My LPs
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Thanas wrote:So the Steelers got swept by the Baltimore Ravens.

I fucking hate the Steelers. Good to see Mallett pull his head out of his ass and accomplish something.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

So the Chargers (a team that might not be in San Diego next year) and Mike McCoy (who probably won't be the coach next year) have fined Eric Weddle, the best defensive player on the team, and put him on IR and told him there's no room for him on the flight to Denver because during halftime of the Dolphins game he watched his daughter perform rather than listening to a pep talk from the team's charismatic head coach.

Which means the chances Weddle will be back next season are worse than McCoy's or the Chargers'. Can't the Spanoses just fuck off to Carson already?
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Col. Crackpot wrote:

I fucking hate the Steelers. Good to see Mallett pull his head out of his ass and accomplish something.
What's hilarious is that the guy who replaced him in Houston (Brandon Weeden) has the team on its way to the playoffs by virtue of winning the AFC Who Gives A Shit? Division -and he was cut by Dallas. What a well-deserved kick in the balls for Jerry Jones!
:lol:
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Elfdart wrote:So the Chargers (a team that might not be in San Diego next year) and Mike McCoy (who probably won't be the coach next year) have fined Eric Weddle, the best defensive player on the team, and put him on IR and told him there's no room for him on the flight to Denver because during halftime of the Dolphins game he watched his daughter perform rather than listening to a pep talk from the team's charismatic head coach.

Which means the chances Weddle will be back next season are worse than McCoy's or the Chargers'. Can't the Spanoses just fuck off to Carson already?

Dibs on Weddle.
------------
------------
My LPs
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Elfdart wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:

What's hilarious is that the guy who replaced him in Houston (Brandon Weeden) has the team on its way to the playoffs by virtue of winning the AFC Who Gives A Shit? Division -and he was cut by Dallas. What a well-deserved kick in the balls for Jerry Jones!
:lol:
Love me some Vince Wilfork and Mike Vrabel. Two of the nicest guys in the league. Hope to see Houston go far. But not too far... Far enough for Big Vince and Mike to get some well deserved love from the Foxboro faithful.

Jerry Jones... With Al Davis dead somebody has to be that guy.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Black Monday comes a week early:

Chip Kelly released by Philadelphia Eagles

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The NFL Editor
Published: Dec. 29, 2015 at 07:17 p.m.
Updated: Dec. 29, 2015 at 07:40 p.m.

The Philadelphia Eagles didn't wait for Black Monday to make the first stunning coaching move of the offseason. Chip Kelly has been fired.

It's an abrupt end to a fascinating coaching tenure in Philadelphia that started with so much promise. Kelly's Eagles won 10 games in back-to-back seasons, amping up their offensive pace to NFL record heights. That initially led to big yardage and big numbers from mid-level quarterbacks, but the offense turned stale and predictable this year on the way to a 6-9 record.

Offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur will be interim head coach for the Week 17 game against the New York Giants.

"We appreciate all the contributions that Chip Kelly made and wish him every success going forward," Eagles Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement.

The Eagles also announced that Ed Marynowitz, Kelly's hand-picked vice president of player personnel, was released. It's a telling part of this change in direction. Kelly pushed hard to get control of the personnel department last offseason, leading to former general manager Howie Roseman having a reduced role on the football side of the team. Kelly made a number of aggressive moves over the offseason, trading LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso, signing DeMarco Murray and signing cornerback Byron Maxwell. Those moves, perhaps more than his strategy, led to his demise.

Kelly has missed the playoffs the past two seasons and posted 26-21 record over nearly three seasons in Philadelphia.

Around The NFL will have more on this story soon.
I never understood why he loaded up on running backs, then decided to keep playing pass-happy offense.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Wow. The eagles stand before a major disaster with regards to their roster. Never thought they would stop this stuff in the middle of Kelly's reshaping of the team.
------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Just as stores keep putting up Christmas ads earlier and earlier, Black Monday firings post earlier too. Chip Kelly has already been canned. Now Mike Pettine is marched off to Tower Green a few hours after his Browns got their asses kicked by the Steelers. My guess is the Colts will be the next to send their coach to the block. Not because Pagano deserves to be fired, but because Jim Irsay is a pill-popping douchecock. Ditto for Garrett in Dallas.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Add the Niners to list of teams now hiring. Hav, I hear Norv is tanned, rested and ready!
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Holy shit, that Steelers-Bengals game. Just ugly business, although it's nice that we can definitely say that the Bengals fucked that one up and are directly responsible for the loss. Just look at the hit on Brown at 0:50 in the video at this Deadspin link - it's brutal. He's almost lucky it didn't break his neck.

Not that the Steelers weren't shitty in that game, too.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood