I am a fictional charcter now [Tom Kratman]

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Thanas
Magister
Magister

I am a fictional charcter now [Tom Kratman]

Post by Thanas »

The following thread is sponsored by Lonestar, who PM'd me the link.

Some of you may be familiar with Tom Kratman aka He-who-wanks-to-Nazis (but can't speak German). His highlights include shameless Nazi apologia, which, surprise, surprise, didn't go over that well on this board. (Example 1, Example 2 and Example 3)

Apparently, dickless wonder Tom "THE NAZIS COULD JUST HAVE SWAM ACROSS THE CHANNEL"* Kratman took issue with Stuart Slade (who actually did real-life strategy work and is a former poster here) and me criticizing him.

Now, let us review the choices Tom "I don't know how German names work" Kratman had.
a) Do nothing, after all just two guys on an internet board
b) Sign up to said internet board to defend your work
c) Actually turn your critics into characters in one of your works

Guess which one he chose?
Spoiler
The morning sun was at about forty-five degrees by the time Khalid roused himself. His sleep had been lousy, continuously interrupted by two gay guys, one apparently named “Stuart” or maybe “Slade”—it was hard to be sure, what with the slurred speech—and the other named or nicknamed “Thanas,” buggering each other in a nearby tent until all hours of the night and early morning. Then, too, it was possible there were three or four rather than two. The only line he could be sure of was, “Oh, my, that’s a big one.

- The Rods and the Axe
Boy, Stuart and I must really have riled him up. I guess our criticism hit too close for home.**

:mrgreen:

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: I am a fictional charcter now [Tom Kratman]

Post by Lonestar »

Yeah, I was definitely like "waaaaat" when I was told that Slade was in Kratman's book. Even more so when the person said "and some SDN mod" and produced the quote.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Can't be as bad as when Michael Crichton turned one of his critics into a child molesting paedophile.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... alist.html
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Kratman's got form for this. He actually showed up in a thread on Spacebattles where one of his works was being reviewed, where he tried and failed to defend a particularly egregious bit of bad research about the NBC capabilities of an Abrahms tank... to someone who used to drive them while serving in the US Marines and has seen actual combat, unlike Kratman. Said individual has appeared in several of Kratman's books to get killed off in some ridiculously unpleasant fashion... and that was before she came out as transsexual, at which point he turned it up to eleven.

She finds this hilarious.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

mr friendly guy wrote:Can't be as bad as when Michael Crichton turned one of his critics into a child molesting paedophile.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... alist.html
I mean "Stuart" and "Thanas" have some mad stamina.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Also, big dicks.

Kratman didn't think that one through, probably didn't realize that if you don't find gay people offensive then the whole thing becomes kinda flattering.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Thanas wrote:Also, big dicks.

Kratman didn't think that one through, probably didn't realize that if you don't find gay people offensive then the whole thing becomes kinda flattering.
I assume because being two gay men of average size was not as insulting as being one gay man of above average size and one assumes one man of legendary penis size.

I'm not sure how all I'm saying is, congrats Thanas, Tom Kratman thinks your... endowment is prodigious.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Zaune wrote:Kratman's got form for this. He actually showed up in a thread on Spacebattles where one of his works was being reviewed, where he tried and failed to defend a particularly egregious bit of bad research about the NBC capabilities of an Abrahms tank... to someone who used to drive them while serving in the US Marines and has seen actual combat, unlike Kratman. Said individual has appeared in several of Kratman's books to get killed off in some ridiculously unpleasant fashion... and that was before she came out as transsexual, at which point he turned it up to eleven.

She finds this hilarious.
Yeah, the guy who told me about Slade and Thanas mentioned that too. Dude is a complete baby.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Thanas wrote:Also, big dicks.

When does he ever think his written works through?
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

He should be congratulated on being progressive enough to feature homosexual characters in his fiction when most media ignores them completely.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Its not progressive if its for the purposes of gay bashing or if its a stereotypical depiction.

Edit: I'd take nothing over active hostility.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Whoosh.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

So is there a name for giving an internet user name a cameo appearance or did this Kratman dude invent a whole new literary sub mechanism?

General Zod wrote:Whoosh.
QFT
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

I am sure its been done in the good old days of ST vs SW fan fics.

Stravo had Darkstar guess star twice in his fic, once as a Starfleet cadet who was proven so wrong when the Empire whopped the UFP's forces. I am sure Wong also guessed starred in that fic. Heck I used that mechanism in my own fic, but in the vs debates scene we tend to confined it to other debaters being on on a particular side getting annihilated by the opposing side who they think shouldn't win. Like how I had a SB.com member who thought daleks couldn't get up stairs get chased by a dalek doing just that.

That being said, no one I know of could sink Michael Crichton at it.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Its not progressive if its for the purposes of gay bashing or if its a stereotypical depiction.

Edit: I'd take nothing over active hostility.
That part does not bother me. What annoys me is that he is a sniveling coward who could not even confront the reality of his own (botched) character assassination, and wrote it off screen.

He wanted to be like "Behold, my enemies are degenerate queers", then got squeamish about actually showing the degenerate queers, and ended up saying "Behold, Thanas, a man with such sex appeal he can get potentially multiple partners in bed simultaneously, with unlimited stamina and a huge penis."

It is almost as if he wants Thanas to fuck him, but he is too self-loathing to admit it, so he lives vicariously through Stuart, but cannot even bring himself to write out his kinky fantasies in detail for us to enjoy.

I hereby propose a contest for the best Thanas/Stuart erotic fanfic. Just to send to this asshole.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

So, to sum it up:

[Kratman]"Well, UR GAY!" *runs away giggling*[/Kratman]

What I like best about Kratman is all the level-headedness, class and maturity he demonstrates every step of the way.
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:I hereby propose a contest for the best Thanas/Stuart erotic fanfic.
I believe that this was a mistake we all are going to pay for. Most of all by having to read them in order to judge them.

Also, I thought it was well known that Thanas was always the one who spoke softly, but carried a mighty stick... :roll:
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Thanas wrote:Now, let us review the choices Tom "I don't know how German names work" Kratman had.
a) Do nothing, after all just two guys on an internet board
b) Sign up to said internet board to defend your work
c) Actually turn your critics into characters in one of your works

Guess which one he chose?
To be fair the last time he joined a board to defend himself it didn't go well. Link
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Tom who? Is that the guy who wrote about dead SS men rising to protect Earth from aliens, and cultural green marxists (sorry for borrowing Breivik-speech) were the bad guys?
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

See I know people like to lump Kratman and Ringo in together, but to me, this is what separates the two. Kratman's fragile ego can't handle the slightest criticism, wheras Ringo seems much more jovial about it.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

As I recall, when some poster on Livejournal put up a famous critique of "Ghost" that spawned the meme "OH JOHN RINGO NO!", Ringo himself replied with approval and his own jokes about the story, including his belief that most of the story is just the near-death hallucinations of the protagonist, with the real ending being his frozen body being found in the landing gear well of the plane he'd stowed away on.

I would hope so, because I read "Ghost". The first segment was at least amusing and entertaining in its over-the-top action crazyness. The second segment started amusing but then went into that prolonged hardcore BDSM bit with the two co-ed girls that was so uncomfortably misogynist-sounding (to me at least) that trying to read it was like running razorblades over my eyeballs. And the third segment was... also extremely fucking uncomfortable in several places and then just silly.

Thankfully he went into the Kildar books with the Mike Jenkins character, which where crazy and wanky, but at least entertaining in their crazy wankery.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

K. A. Pital wrote:Tom who? Is that the guy who wrote about dead SS men rising to protect Earth from aliens, and cultural green marxists (sorry for borrowing Breivik-speech) were the bad guys?
Yes. It also featured such gems like "everyboy in Germany/elsewhere forgot to fight (because they are leftist pussies) so instead of reanimating/rejuvenating the millions of Wehrmacht soldiers who might not all have been genocidal assholes, we turn to the one group whose express purpose was genocide". Heck, he did not even make the effort of raising the elite units of the Heer (Panzer-Lehr, Grossdeutschland, Fallschirmjäger etc.). Nope, gotta have the SS.

This got absurd to the point that eventually the IDF joined the SS, units who trained several decades to blow up bridges suddenly run away (because they are leftist pussies).
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: I hereby propose a contest for the best Thanas/Stuart erotic fanfic. Just to send to this asshole.
"Balls," said Lt. Mike Wong.

"Yes, they are," said Stuart 'First Class Privates' Slade.

A whisper of breath teased every possible bump to rise out of Wong's taut flesh. "And I'm a clever girl," Sniper Thanas surprised him from behind.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I apologize. Both for the german (which I am not so confident in), and...oh god.
Bob the Gunslinger wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote: I hereby propose a contest for the best Thanas/Stuart erotic fanfic. Just to send to this asshole.

A whisper of breath teased every possible bump to rise out of Wong's taut flesh. "And I'm a clever girl," Sniper Thanas surprised him from behind.
Private Slade thought he came to the right place. He had some leave and decided to spend it in Hamburg, when Thanas called him.

"Ich muss mit ihnen sprechen" he said, his accent thick enough to trouble the most discerning of size-queens

"Where?" he had replied

"Die sündigste Meile" came the reply

So he came. To Hamburg's red-light district. Pornographers and prostitutes hocked their 'wares' among discotheque and art theaters

The problem was, Stuart Slade had no idea where Thanas would be among the friday night throng. He jolted when he felt a gentle caress along the small of his back, afraid someone was trying to pick pocket him. But it was just Thanas, dressed in rubber boots, a sequined halter top, sparkly spandex leggings, and covered head to toe in glitter.

"Hallo meine Liebe"

"hi sweety. What is it you needed to talk about?"

"Nun, unser Verhältnis war gut sein, und der Sex ausgezeichnet. Aber, habe ich einige....andere Bedürgnisse"

When he said this, he glanced over to a dude wearing nothing but vinyl and sucking on a clove cigarette between propositioning random passers by to come into his nightclub

"Hallo gutten Herren, wollen Sie innen kommen? Wir haben eine bizzar Biber aus Bulgarien in einem Hannibal Lecter-Simulation!"

Stuart looked at the man. Looked at Thanas.

"I am down."
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:I apologize. Both for the german (which I am not so confident in), and...oh god.
Bob the Gunslinger wrote:

Private Slade thought he came to the right place. He had some leave and decided to spend it in Hamburg, when Thanas called him.

"Ich muss mit ihnen sprechen" he said, his accent thick enough to trouble the most discerning of size-queens

Why would Thanas' accent be "thick" when speaking German? Does he speak German with some accent? I mean, I get the double-entendre -- might as well introduce another language here -- but if you want to talk about his accent, shouldn't he be speaking some other language with it?
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.