Yet another new poster

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

aawelj
Redshirt

Yet another new poster

Post by aawelj »

Hello everyone.

I'm yet another long-time reader signing on and I'm hoping to actually start posting useful contributions. At the moment I'm still trying to find a topic where I can contribute meaningfully and not look a complete fool at the first opportunity.

My username is the first username I was ever given, back at university almost 20 years ago. It still seems to be unusual enough that I can use it as my first-choice username at most websites. It is a mixture of some of the letters from my first and surnames.

Although I am British, I work as a project manager for a telecoms company in Germany. I have previously worked in the UK, Singapore, Switzerland, Australia and (sort-of) the USA. Hopefully this has knocked some experience into me along the way.

I have a young family and consequently often find myself awake at odd times in the night, so hopefully this board will give me something to do when I can't get back to sleep.

See you all about!
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Re: Yet another new poster

Post by Purple »

Let me be the first to welcome you aboard. Let's see if that ends up being prophetic.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Welcome.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Welcome aww...awal...new guy.
Don't worry about jumping into threads, you should see some of my early posts :P Hope you enjoy your stay in ol' faithful SDN.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Hi and welcome.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Welcome
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

STRIP THE FLESH AND SALT THE WOUND!
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

General Zod wrote:STRIP THE FLESH AND SALT THE WOUND!
If we don't flay, he don't stay.
Welcome. We are dead and this hell.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Don't worry about Flagg - he's not the devil...he's practise :P
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Chimaera wrote:Don't worry about Flagg - he's not the devil...he's practise :P
The Devil? Please. The single most boring character in all of Abrahamite fiction. Why is the Devil bad? Because he's bad, the end. Frankly, if you read the Christian version of Abrahamism you'll notice that God is the evil one and Lucifer was looking out for humanity, apparently seeing that we could be much more than the advanced, intelligent, but "innocent" mostly fur-less apes (God's lapdogs, basically. We do whatever It says because since It said it we must or must not do it because... It said!). Then "The Serpent" (assumed to be Lucifer, in disguise and unseen by the all powerful, all knowing, and completely Omnipotent "God" (so It allowed Lucifer to bring us fire err, eat fruit from the tree of knowledge giving a big old :finger: to the evil that is innocence aka ignorance, or that shit about being all powerful, all knowing, and completely Omnipotent is bullshit. Well, I mean it is all bullshit...)
Then Lucifer actually believed in Job more than God if you actually read a bit more into that horrid tale, as it seems like God doesn't really think Job is a total moron who will take it in the ass from It until bloody, while Lucifer is showing humanity that It is an evil prick who will literally do as much evil as possible to try and prove that Job wasn't truly devout because if you take into account the whole flood, golden calf, and the Binding of Isaac, it seems like It is a very insecure all powerful, all knowing, and completely Omnipotent being, since if It were those 3 things it would already know and there would be no need for testing. God I love how dumb Abrahamism is. They make the bad being aka God (I prefer "It" so no one presumes it's male or female, plus it pisses off fundies :lol: ) who does horrible shit through almost the entire Christian version of the bible, while Lucifer, who I would argue led a revolution against It to stop It from constantly inflicting Its horrors upon the Human race and Earth in general, and for Lucifer's troubles he and his followers are cast out of heaven and since whatever It says goes, is this horribly evil being who eats souls.

I'd buy that for a dollar. :twisted:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
aawelj
Redshirt

Post by aawelj »

Thanks for all the kind words. And thanks everyone for not pointing out that I buggered up first time out by starting a new thread rather than simply posting in the existing thread for newbies.... ho hum, back to the testing thread....
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

wellcome
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes