2014-2015 NHL Playoffs

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Temjin
Jedi Council Member

2014-2015 NHL Playoffs

Post by Temjin »

So, the NHL playoffs start on Thursday.

What does everyone think of the match ups? Who do you will take home the cup?

Winnipeg Jets vs the Ducks in the first round is going to be interesting. Most people think the Ducks are going to take it, but I'm not so sure. Yes, in the three previous matchups, the Ducks beat the Jets, but two of those games were quite close. Both teams are also not the same teams that went up against each other, as both has made key trades since then. There's also the fact that the Jets are incredibly hot right now. They had one of the toughest schedules down the stretch and they just excelled at it. It doesn't hurt at all that Pavelec is currently pretending to be a brick wall, with three straight shutouts in regulation time. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make it to round 2 or even 3, even though they're considered the underdogs.

Another matchup I find interesting, assuming they both make it both past the first round, would be in round 2 with the Rangers vs the Islanders. This is due purely to it being "The Battle of New York" in my mind though. :)
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Re: 2014-2015 NHL Playoffs

Post by Jub »

The playoffs actually start Wednesday on the 15th.

I'm primarily interested in the Canucks and Flames match up as I'm a life long Canucks fan. I'm expecting this series to be a tight one given the season series and the styles the two teams play, but I also think that over a 7 game series that the Canucks vets will be able to smother the young guns of the Flames. I'm expecting Lack to start in net as Miller hasn't played in months aside from a 5 goal shelling against Edmonton in which he didn't look very good.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

You're right. I haven no idea why I put Thursday. Brainfart
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I'm mainly interested in the Montreal vs. Ottawa. I'm rooting for Ottawa to at least advance to the next round, though I have my doubts.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!