California petition to kill gays and lesibians

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Re: California petition to kill gays and lesibians

Post by Gaidin »

General Zod wrote:Can we start a petition to stone everybody that wears mixed fabrics? I want to see what kind of traction that would get.
If he can start this one, I'm willing to bet you could...
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

What about people who eat shellfish, or farmers growing hybrid crops?
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

dragon wrote:How the hell is this not inciting violence and advocating murder.
He's an asshole, but he's not inciting "imminent lawless action". It's not imminent - laws can take months to pass - and it's not lawless - he's going through the proper channels to try to turn his fucked up worldview into reality.

It is essential that we have the right to petition the government to change the law, and the appropriate response to someone asking for a bad change is to refuse, not to throw the book at them just for asking.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

dragon wrote:How the hell is this not inciting violence and advocating murder.
Presumably the same way that 2002's chorus of "Invade Iraq" wasn't either of those things.

It's petitioning the government to exercise its biopower over the societal other.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Shame he actually defined sodomy as gay sex. If not we could pull the old switcheroo of 'sodomy actually means inhospitality, asshole'
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

loomer wrote:Shame he actually defined sodomy as gay sex. If not we could pull the old switcheroo of 'sodomy actually means inhospitality, asshole'
Technically, sodomy has meant "oral or anal sex" for a millenium or so. That's why I laugh so much at anti-sodomy measures. For example, in Virginia, it was illegal to receive a blowjob until 2014, under their crimes against nature law.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

This thread is so retarded. If there was any chance of this passing, then for the past 20 years Phelps demonstrations would have been attended by tens of thousands of supporters chanting God Hates Fags. The mere fact this hasn't happened a single time is sufficient proof that there's no risk at all and all this does is put the "gentleman" in question under surveillance by the FBI.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Terralthra wrote:
loomer wrote:Shame he actually defined sodomy as gay sex. If not we could pull the old switcheroo of 'sodomy actually means inhospitality, asshole'
Technically, sodomy has meant "oral or anal sex" for a millenium or so. That's why I laugh so much at anti-sodomy measures. For example, in Virginia, it was illegal to receive a blowjob until 2014, under their crimes against nature law.
Yes, but that's not what the biblical Crime of Sodom was.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

This is stupid. This will go nowhere and we will never hear about this again by next week.
Lisa
Jedi Knight

Post by Lisa »

This guy has cost the government plenty with his other unconstitutional petitions.
May you live in interesting times.
Baffalo
Jedi Knight

Post by Baffalo »

What stunned me the most was this was in California. If this had been launched in, say, Mississippi or my own state of Arkansas, I would have sighed, chalked it up to some religious nutter being stupid, and while I knew there would be a little traction, it still wouldn't go anywhere. The fact this was in California just shows nutters are everywhere and someone really needs to take a good long look at what he's doing with his life.

"What did you do today, honey?"
"Oh I put in a petition to have all the gays and lesbians put to death, you?"
"I watched that show about the sassy gay men giving fashion advice. I'm telling you, their use of mixed fabrics will get them a straight ticket to hell."
"You're a very brave soul for enduring such horrible things, dear. Do you need anything from the store?"
"Yes, some D-batteries."

Am I a horrible person? Yes I am. Do I give a damn about it? No.
"I subsist on 3 things: Sugar, Caffeine, and Hatred." -Baffalo late at night and hungry

"Why are you worried about the water pressure? You're near the ocean, you've got plenty of water!" -Architect to our team
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

California has more people than the entire country of Canada. It shocks you that there's a wacko?
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

California is pretty much a snapshot of the entire country. We don't see the backwater because we're busy being pissed at Ferguson and they're only making local noise, if any.
Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

General Zod wrote:Can we start a petition to stone everybody that wears mixed fabrics? I want to see what kind of traction that would get.
What about homosexuals who also wear mixed fabrics? Surely they are doubly abominable - guilty of sodomy and wearing cotton with a polyester blend. Kill them all, I say!
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

We don't see the backwater
Drive up the 395 through the Owens Valley. You'll see it.
What about homosexuals who also wear mixed fabrics? Surely they are doubly abominable
Two negatives make a positive. If you're gay, you're going to hell. if you're gay and you wear mixed fabrics, you're ok.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!