Dragon Blade [trailer]

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Dragon Blade [trailer]

Post by mr friendly guy »

Seems to be based on the story which from my understanding is considered highly speculative by historians, about a Roman Legion that stumbled onto the borders of the Han Dynasty. Hasn't stopped people making a film about it when money is to be made. Starring John Cusack, Adrien Brody and Jackie Chan.

A different trailer

Judging by the trailer, it seems like Chan and Cusack's characters team up. The villain looks like Brody's character (a Roman) although we see images of the Parthians as well. So who knows maybe we'll get a battle showing them.

According to wiki its already made more than it cost to make after being released for 10 days in Taiwan and 9 days in the PRC. Not sure whether Chinese films require the "revenue must equal twice the cost of production to break even" rule like Hollywood productions, but it most probably will make that. Its still not released in Hong Kong yet and I hope its released internationally. Funny thing is, over here we already have some Chinese films which have similar release dates to Dragon Gate in the PRC available in selected cinemas already.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.