octopus comes onto land and attacks a crab video

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

dragon
Sith Marauder

octopus comes onto land and attacks a crab video

Post by dragon »

Awsome video didn't realize octopuses could do that.

"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: octopus comes onto land and attacks a crab video

Post by Zixinus »

Octopuses are sneaky little bastards.

Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

They are indeed; a few weeks ago I saw a TV clip of a fairly large octopus (arm span of a few feet) caught in a fishing boat's nets. This little so-and-so got out of the net, wriggled across the deck, found a drain slot just a couple of inches high, and forced its entire body through it in less than a minute. The critter was last seen giving the fishermen a possibly rude gesture as it swam off. :shock:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

During moving the videos disappeared.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

They are sneaky but the Greeks have been using it against them since the dawn of time.

How to get an easy seafood meal in the Aegean:

1. Put vase in water.
2. Go to sleep
3. Pull vase up, fire up the grill, eat grilled octopus.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Post by Zeropoint »

Just to clarify: step 3 happens while you're still asleep?
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

have you ever cooked something while being asleep?
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Post by Zeropoint »

How would I know? :P
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

There is some magic tool that takes pictures now. Even moving images.
------------
------------
My LPs
Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Post by Zeropoint »

Hmm, yeah, I could keep a motion-activated camera in the kitchen. Then I'd find out . . .