Super Bowl XLIX

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Super Bowl XLIX

Post by Borgholio »

Well, off to a shitty start. Am I the only one who wants, just for once, someone to sing the National Anthem the way it was originally composed, instead of having some dumb bitch spit all over it by singing their own personal twist just to satisfy their already inflated ego?
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Super Bowl XLIX

Post by General Zod »

I don't really, give a shit about the Superbowl but I'm getting free pizza at work because of it. So w00t!
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

ANNNNND we have our first interception against the Patriots.
I'm loving it....
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

My interest in this Superbowl is pretty deflated, so the thing I'm most interested in will be the response to the anti-domestic violence ad that'll screen during one of the commercial breaks.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Gandalf wrote:My interest in this Superbowl is pretty deflated
Well played.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Very nice good sir...

Personally, aside from the fact the game is being played close to where I live, I have no interest in the game, though I find the Patriots loathsome . Hmmmm seems they just scored, oh well.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

14-14 it's so nice to hear the angry mutters of those who bet the wrong way on the spread in the other room.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Well, Seahawks are never gonna live this down. They had their shot at two Super Bowls in a row, and they fucking blew it. Seriously, who throws at the half-yard line?
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Well, Seahawks are never gonna live this down. They had their shot at two Super Bowls in a row, and they fucking blew it. Seriously, who throws at the half-yard line?
28-24, all because they threw an interception at exactly the right time.... right for the Patriots.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Figures, the one year I don't watch it something interesting happens.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Who made that final play call and what is the most painful method of execution?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Well, Seahawks are never gonna live this down. They had their shot at two Super Bowls in a row, and they fucking blew it. Seriously, who throws at the half-yard line?
They never should live it down. That's the worst call I think I've ever seen.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Oh yeah, there was also that morbid Nationwide commercial. The natural end result:

I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
amigocabal
Jedi Knight

Post by amigocabal »

a link to the article
Dan Wetzel wrote:Then defensive back Malcolm Butler picked off Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson on the ensuing possession at the goal line to secure a dramatic championship for the Patriots in what will go down as one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever played.
View gallery
Malcolm Butler's forever moment in Super Bowl XLIX. (AP)

Butler’s pick came soon after his deflection of a Wilson pass wound up in the hands of Jermaine Kearse on an acrobatic catch that would’ve been one of the greatest in NFL history.
The decision to make a pass that close to goal is quite inexplicable. Maybe the coach had a head injury or something.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tom Brady confirmed as Elite QB. Broke Montana's Super Bowl TD pass record. Is there a SB record he hasn't at least tied up yet? And he's still got some years to go.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Oh yeah, there was also that morbid Nationwide commercial. The natural end result:

I'm calling it, Thread is Won.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

RogueIce wrote:Tom Brady confirmed as Elite QB. Broke Montana's Super Bowl TD pass record. Is there a SB record he hasn't at least tied up yet? And he's still got some years to go.
Yeah, and as long as Belicheat can think up new schemes I'm sure he'll win plenty more games. I wonder if something meaningful will finally happen to Brady when they get caught cheating again and he's getting a bit long in the football tooth. My guess is the entire organization will point at him as the mastermind of it all keeping him out of the HoF and causing him to lose every sponsor this side of a Middleboro used car store.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

There's a lot I don't get about that last play. I don't get the playcall, I don't get the lack of a play action if you are going to throw, and I don't get how you don't call the helmet to helmet contact before the ball gets there that knocks the receiver off his route and allowed the interception. Just bizarre all around.
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

WOOOOOOH!!!! Patriots fucking win by the hair of our chinny-chin-chins.
Flagg wrote: Yeah, and as long as Belicheat can think up new schemes I'm sure he'll win plenty more games. I wonder if something meaningful will finally happen to Brady when they get caught cheating again and he's getting a bit long in the football tooth. My guess is the entire organization will point at him as the mastermind of it all keeping him out of the HoF and causing him to lose every sponsor this side of a Middleboro used car store.
:wanker:
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Ziggy Stardust wrote: :wanker:
I'm sure you were doing that every time Brady had the ball. Did your SO add weight to the scrotum ring every time an interception was thrown?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Really too bad. I was hoping the better team would win, and that Brady would be forced to season a facefull of dirt and shame with his tears.

The moment the Pats got caught cheating again should have disqualified them from game. If the NFL had any integrity, that is.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Gandalf wrote:My interest in this Superbowl is pretty deflated, so the thing I'm most interested in will be the response to the anti-domestic violence ad that'll screen during one of the commercial breaks.
Probably a lot better if all the viewers were not crying or trying to hang themselves from all the depressing or sappy commercials surrounding it. Seriously, I remember when SB commercials were comedic and a good time in and of themselves. It gave the non football fans something to enjoy when attending SB parties. These were just a string of people being beaten, children dying, puppies getting lost, and dozens of ridiculously sappy car commercials trying to outdo Mathew Mcconaughey/Lincoln.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Highlord Laan wrote:Really too bad. I was hoping the better team would win, and that Brady would be forced to season a facefull of dirt and shame with his tears.

The moment the Pats got caught cheating again should have disqualified them from game. If the NFL had any integrity, that is.
You mad bro?
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Patroklos wrote:
Gandalf wrote:My interest in this Superbowl is pretty deflated, so the thing I'm most interested in will be the response to the anti-domestic violence ad that'll screen during one of the commercial breaks.
Probably a lot better if all the viewers were not crying or trying to hang themselves from all the depressing or sappy commercials surrounding it. Seriously, I remember when SB commercials were comedic and a good time in and of themselves. It gave the non football fans something to enjoy when attending SB parties. These were just a string of people being beaten, children dying, puppies getting lost, and dozens of ridiculously sappy car commercials trying to outdo Mathew Mcconaughey/Lincoln.
Glad, I'm not the only one that noticed this.

Although Liam Nieson was funny, if you've watched his recent string of movies.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

So a couple thoughts from someone who did not watch it, but heard about what happened second-hand:

1. Goodell probably considers all of the drama up to and around the game to be a godsend. The more people talked about deflated footballs which might have (but not necessarily) caused a team to win the previous game by almost 40 instead of only 20-30 or a player repeatedly letting everyone know that he was only talking to them so he wouldn't get fined, the less time they spent talking about the actual problems plaguing the sport, like domestic abuse, long-term brain damage among players, and a toxic culture that contributed to those issues among others (like Vick's dogfighting ring or the racism and bullying personified by that whole thing with Incognito).

2. As someone who lives in New England, the fans I know probably consider the end of the game to be a godsend, because the only way it could have ended that would have distracted from that whole deflated ball thing would be for the Seahawks to rather spectacularly blow the game in the final seconds.