Super Bowl XLIX

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Re: Super Bowl XLIX

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Flagg wrote: I'm sure you were doing that every time Brady had the ball. Did your SO add weight to the scrotum ring every time an interception was thrown?
Hey, good thing she didn't add weight every time a touchdown was thrown, because it turned out there were way more of those! Who knew.
Highlord Laan wrote: The moment the Pats got caught cheating again should have disqualified them from game. If the NFL had any integrity, that is.
You mean the whole thing where only one football was actually found to be deflated, and it was replaced by halftime (after which the Patriots only scored 28 points)?

In other words, nothing happened, get over it. You don't like the Patriots, but they were the better team.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Flagg wrote: I'm sure you were doing that every time Brady had the ball. Did your SO add weight to the scrotum ring every time an interception was thrown?
Hey, good thing she didn't add weight every time a touchdown was thrown, because it turned out there were way more of those! Who knew.
Highlord Laan wrote: The moment the Pats got caught cheating again should have disqualified them from game. If the NFL had any integrity, that is.
You mean the whole thing where only one football was actually found to be deflated, and it was replaced by halftime (after which the Patriots only scored 28 points)?

In other words, nothing happened, get over it. You don't like the Patriots, but they were the better team.
Yeah... No. They are past and current cheaters who got lucky that the offensive coordinator for the Seahawks and Russel Wilson are both apparently THAT stupid.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

http://www.thenation.com/blog/196697/co ... socialflow#

This explains a lot, but I'd need a lot more evidence to buy into it. Still, it "sounds right" for the Seahawks to me. But again, needs more evidence.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

C'mon man. Let this patriot stuff go, its unhealthy to dwell on it and doesn't really matter.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Flagg wrote:http://www.thenation.com/blog/196697/co ... socialflow#

This explains a lot, but I'd need a lot more evidence to buy into it. Still, it "sounds right" for the Seahawks to me. But again, needs more evidence.
Eh, coaches outsmarting themselves by not wanting to call the obvious play has been happening forever.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

I thought it was simple - everyone knew that Lynch would have been the first choice, and they would have thrown everything including the kitchen sink at him to stop that - which might have caused the clock to run out - there were only 20 seconds left. So they tried a trick, and held Lynch in reserve for 2nd or 3rd... The intercept was as lucky as their own almost incomplete/fumbled/caught catch that brought them to the endzone.

I thought it almost karmically just that their huge luck was negated by a lucky intercept.

To me, (not having any team preferences) the Patriots were clearly the better team. They were consistent, steady in their advance, and their defence almost always had a hand on the ball at each pass. A wonder they didn't have more intercepts. They were almost German in their play style - a short pass to gain 10-12 yards. Stop. Repeat. Include an occassionl trick to confuse the Seahawks. They made turnover after turnover, only stopped when there was a brief moment of brilliance within the Seahawk defence.

Seahaws were all over the field - their drives were routinely stopped with an almost boring routine, only Lynch seemed to be a way to gain any room. Time and again, they had a small bink of brilliance when one of their wagers paid off by the skin of their teeth, and they gained 50 yards in one lucky pass or rush. But they only made progress by random events, I never had the feeling they had any strategy beyond "try getting a lucky long pass, or in doubt, send Lynch".
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Thing is though, the clock would not have run out. They had a timeout to stop it if necessary. Besides, at that distance, you could just as well sneak it three times and it would work in the vast majority of cases.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Flagg wrote: Yeah... No. They are past and current cheaters
Prove they are current cheaters. The weight of evidence in this farce of a "deflategate" scandal is against the Patriots having done anything wrong. You know, what with the fact that the league didn't actually measure the balls before the game anyway, only one ball was found to be slightly underinflated, and that ball was removed from the game by halftime, after which the Patriots played BETTER.
Flagg wrote: who got lucky that the offensive coordinator for the Seahawks and Russel Wilson are both apparently THAT stupid.
Of course, you can also say that the Seahawks were incredibly lucky to even be in that 2nd and goal situation what with the insanely unlikely "catch" made a couple of plays earlier, when a ball managed to bounce off of two separate people's hands, and then one person's feet, and then his hands again, and somehow falling basically right on top of him.

If you really want to appeal to luck, you can't cherry pick the one part of the game that you have sour grapes over. Football games are always decided by a large quantity of luck one way or the other. The Seahawks were lucky that the Packers are coached by an incompetent moron who literally handed them the game. The Patriots were lucky to get past the Ravens. And so on and so forth.

Seriously, get the fuck over it. Your life will be a whole lot better if you just accept when the team you dislike wins and move on with your life, instead of desperately grasping to moronic conspiracy theories and whining about bad luck.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Flagg wrote: Yeah... No. They are past and current cheaters
Prove they are current cheaters. The weight of evidence in this farce of a "deflategate" scandal is against the Patriots having done anything wrong. You know, what with the fact that the league didn't actually measure the balls before the game anyway, only one ball was found to be slightly underinflated, and that ball was removed from the game by halftime, after which the Patriots played BETTER.
Flagg wrote: who got lucky that the offensive coordinator for the Seahawks and Russel Wilson are both apparently THAT stupid.
Of course, you can also say that the Seahawks were incredibly lucky to even be in that 2nd and goal situation what with the insanely unlikely "catch" made a couple of plays earlier, when a ball managed to bounce off of two separate people's hands, and then one person's feet, and then his hands again, and somehow falling basically right on top of him.

If you really want to appeal to luck, you can't cherry pick the one part of the game that you have sour grapes over. Football games are always decided by a large quantity of luck one way or the other. The Seahawks were lucky that the Packers are coached by an incompetent moron who literally handed them the game. The Patriots were lucky to get past the Ravens. And so on and so forth.

Seriously, get the fuck over it. Your life will be a whole lot better if you just accept when the team you dislike wins and move on with your life, instead of desperately grasping to moronic conspiracy theories and whining about bad luck.
What a cowardly fuckface to respond knowing a mod just told me to stop talking about the Patriots. :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Keep in mind the Seahawks ran a ton of time off the clock. They didn't have to have only 20 seconds, they chose too.
Worst Playcall in the History of Superbowls and Championship Games. Worst QB Decision in the History of the Superbowl and Championship Games. Forever. End of story. Most heartbreaking loss too. Used to be the Bills, maybe the Bengals. Possibily even the Rams or my Niners. Now, absolutely this, hands down. 3 downs, a timeout and Marshawn Fucking Beast Mode Lynch from the one. Come the fuck on.

Everyone from Robert Kraft down to the Patriots towel boy thought they were about to lose. EVERYONE. Except Pete Caroll, Darell Bevel and Russell Wilson. Just fucking wow. A week later and still... wow.

That said, that was THE Interception. Amazing defensive play. The break he got on that ball was perfect. He knew it was coming. I'll never proclaim Brady the GOAT, but Belichick? Make a case against him.

Congratulations you annoying fucking Patriots fans. At least you aren't Pittsburgh.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Flagg wrote: What a cowardly fuckface to respond knowing a mod just told me to stop talking about the Patriots. :lol:
I actually hadn't seen Thanas' post at all when I wrote that.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Flagg wrote: What a cowardly fuckface to respond knowing a mod just told me to stop talking about the Patriots. :lol:
I actually hadn't seen Thanas' post at all when I wrote that.
All is cool then. :) :P :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw