Local Museums

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Jub
Sith Marauder

Local Museums

Post by Jub »

Inspired by the what to do in various places threads over the years, I'm thinking of taking some pictures of what the museums in my city have to offer in case anybody ever has cause to visit Kelowna BC. I'm no great photographer, but I've been meaning to get out and see what the current exhibits are and check out the military museums library and this gives me an excuse. I addition to my amateur photography skills the museums aren't large by any stretch, but for a city of ~180,000 I think they're pretty okay. If there's any interest at all I can spend a day going to the Heritage Museum, Military Museum, and Orchard Museum and showing what my city has to offer in terms of history. If that gathers interest I could do the same with the public art galleries as well.

If anybody else feels like doing the same I think a thread dedicated to our city's histories and local attractions could be pretty neat.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Local Museums

Post by General Zod »

Not a bad idea. But I live in New York.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

General Zod wrote:Not a bad idea. But I live in New York.
I dunno, if you have a favorite and a hankering to go there and snap some pictures that could be cool. If not, no big deal either.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

These aren't from anywhere local, but these shots I took at the Melbourne Museum a year or so ago should show off the level of (in)competence I have at documenting things in picture form. I had to cut a few because they featured my friend's much younger siblings, but you should still get the idea. There are 100+ pictures, so I'm just going to link to the web album.

Here's the album link: https://picasaweb.google.com/1044353505 ... urneMuseum
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

I just have a lot of choices to pick from.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."