Stormtrooper armour actually good for something!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Stormtrooper armour actually good for something!

Post by Darth Tanner »

Linky
It may not be much good against blaster bolts or inconveniently low doorframes, but stormtrooper armour can apparently stop a snake bite.

Australian Scott Loxley, who is walking around the country dressed as a stormtrooper to raise money for a Melbourne children’s hospital, accidentally tested the armour as he was marching out of Yalboroo in north Queensland on his way to Mackay on Wednesday.

In a video posted on his Facebook page, Loxley said he has become used to seeing dead snakes on his 15,000km journey and walked straight past what he believed was “just another dead snake” lying in grass on the side of the road.

“Ah, turns out he wasn’t dead,” he said.

“He’s lunged at me and bit me. But the good news is the armour – he bit me in the shin - and the armour actually protected me and stopped the bite.

“I could feel the teeth scraping on the plastic, but the armour actually stopped something.
Must be terribly hot walking around in that!
Get busy living or get busy dying... unless there’s cake.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Re: Stormtrooper armour actually good for something!

Post by Joun_Lord »

I can't believe this guy is still doing his walkathon thing. Jeez, mad fucking respect for this bro in plasteel. Even wearing my armor for a couple hours I start to get uncomfortable but this dude had been walking around in armor for over a year and doing a bit of a google search doesn't look like he will finish until July of this year.

I hope he reaches his charity goal.