Thanksgiving Wishes

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Thanksgiving Wishes

Post by TimothyC »

It's Thanksgiving in America. Not everybody will be celebrating it with the people they did last year. Some of us have been lost this year. Some of us are unable to come home, due to duty, or finances, or distance, or jobs, or all of the above. Some of us are bringing new folks to old traditions. Some of us have passed the turkey baster to the next generation, while others of us are on the diaspora that takes us to new places to begin new lives. And some of us, the lucky few, have those we love able to be here today when they couldn't last year.

To all, a Happy Thanksgiving.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Thanksgiving Wishes

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Happy Thanksgiving.

Since I'm currently living in Canada, I already celebrated Thanksgiving.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Happy Thanksgiving all.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Happy Thanksgiving!

My extended family doesn't as reliably get together on Thanksgiving as we do on Christmas Eve, but a bunch of us got together and all had the traditional turkey-stuffing-rolls-green-beans-lots'o'pie dinner. It's good to see them again, especially since I don't usually see some of them except at Thanksgiving, Easter, and Christmas.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

I'm thankful we don't have thanksgiving, yet another holiday so close to christmas would be unbearable. No downtime.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
DaZergRock54444
Padawan Learner

Post by DaZergRock54444 »

There really isn't any downtime. The official start of the Christmas shopping season is the day after Thanksgiving, though based on some of the ads I get in e-mail, the entire month of November is fair game for "holiday savings specials".

That said, I've enjoyed a very nice four days at home with the family.
Instead of foodservice equipment, let's play with large format projectors.