What Am I? (Political Alignment)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Re: What Am I? (Political Alignment)

Post by K. A. Pital »

Brother-Captain Gaius wrote:Anything less than mindless 110% support of Israel will brand you a radical in the eyes of mainstream American politics
Is that really so? I've been often wondering as it seems the US is much less willing to support every move of Israel nowadays, to the point when Israel starts complaining the US isn't doing 'enough' to protect it.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Israel always complains the US isn't doing enough. But I'll refrain from further getting into that debate.

That said, you're right, in that I think a mere 109% support for Israel is beginning to become marginally more palatable to non-Republicans.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Politically, supporting Israel is becoming less common in the left wing thanks to better 24-hour news coverage of all the lovely shit that happens in the West Bank. Not that it's any less slanted pro-Israel than it was, but along with more neutral or Palestinian-biased media available on the Internet, it's now more likely that you'll encounter people willing to say 'yeah, I think the Israelis are not handling that situation very well'. On the left, anyway. The right is still pretty pro-Israel, but thanks to the above they're starting to step back a little.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Havok wrote:So, is there party or alignment that anyone thinks I fall into?
For fun, try the quiz at http://www.isidewith.com/ . It has a wide variety of policy and other questions, and you can click 'more options' for almost all of them to answer with more than a yes or no in cases where you support partial or temporary solutions. There may be better-constructed versions of such quizzes, but this one seemed at least considerate of the notion that people are complicated.