girl (14) martial artist beats up would be attacker (35)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

dragon
Sith Marauder

girl (14) martial artist beats up would be attacker (35)

Post by dragon »

Guess her martial arts classes paid off

A would-be attacker who grabbed a 14-year-old girl was left battered and bruised after it turned out his attempted victim was a martial artist.

The schoolgirl was walking home alone through Tilgate Park in Crawley when the 35-year-old man grabbed her arms from behind, police said.

Despite being more than 20 years younger than him, the teenager, who has studied martial arts for several years, then managed to break free from his hold and proceeded to punch and kick the attacker.

Sussex Police arrested the man shortly after the attempted attack on Saturday morning and are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.

He is described as being thin and around 5ft 7ins tall.

Although we have made an arrest, we need to speak to anyone who was in Tilgate Park on Saturday morning and saw what happened. We need to find people who may have seen a man acting suspiciously in or around the park on Saturday or on other occasions.

– Detective Inspector Andy Bennett, Sussex Police
Last updated Thu 9 Oct 2014
link
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
B5B7
Jedi Knight

Re: girl (14) martial artist beats up would be attacker (35)

Post by B5B7 »

Your link is ineffective. Use this: http://www.itv.com/news/london/search/? ... ial+artist
How big was the girl? The article doesn't say, and so whilst her martial arts were no doubt useful, there may have been little disparity in size.
TVWP: "Janeway says archly, "Sometimes it's the female of the species that initiates mating." Is the female of the species trying to initiate mating now? Janeway accepts Paris's apology and tells him she's putting him in for a commendation. The salamander sex was that good."
"Not bad - for a human"-Bishop to Ripley
GALACTIC DOMINATION Empire Board Game visit link below:
GALACTIC DOMINATION
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

B5B7 wrote:Your link is ineffective. Use this: http://www.itv.com/news/london/search/? ... ial+artist
How big was the girl? The article doesn't say, and so whilst her martial arts were no doubt useful, there may have been little disparity in size.
Her name is probably Helga Von Thunderthighs. Hiyaa! :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

B5B7 wrote:Your link is ineffective. Use this: http://www.itv.com/news/london/search/? ... ial+artist
Possibly, but that's 2.5" over the average height for an adult woman in the UK, so it seems unlikely for a 14-year-old. Even if they were the same size, he expected to have the upper hand from attacking from behind by surprise, and she was trained to deal with that instead of freezing up, which was probably her biggest advantage here IMHO.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker