NFL 2014 season

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Re: NFL 2014 season

Post by Havok »

Percy Harvin to the Jets for nothing? Yes please. Thank you.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Yeah, that struck me as an odd trade for Seattle to make. They really must have wanted to put somebody else in his spot for them to move him out for so little.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

He was an asshole and almost injured teammates in fights. Would have released him otherwise. Still a huge sunk cost for what they gave up.

In other news:
- Matty Ice melted. Or rather, his OL and other pieces did, but Flacco gets blamed for that so now Ryan gets that part as well.
- Is the chargers stadium usually half-empty and the fans not doing anything noisy while their D is on the field? Wow. People were sitting on third down checking their iphones.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

And the Bengals, as usual, find new ways to disappoint.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Next sunday it is for the division.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ouch. That was embarrassing. But yeah, Willis, Bowman and Smith all out, not surprising. Some pass catching drills this bye week couldn't hurt.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Havok wrote:Ouch. That was embarrassing. But yeah, Willis, Bowman and Smith all out, not surprising. Some pass catching drills this bye week couldn't hurt.
Yeah Vernon Davis could certainly use some extra time with the Jugs machine after the past couple weeks... But even without the drops, just too depleted on the defensive side to take on the Broncos, especially in Denver. Really need this bye, and hopefully getting some guys back healthy afterwards.
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

You're blaming Davis? Boldin dropped an easy TD.
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Block wrote:You're blaming Davis? Boldin dropped an easy TD.
Not "blaming" Davis for anything, just saying he has had a terrible couple of weeks catching the football. Boldin had a drop too, but has been mostly reliable.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Thanas wrote:In other news:
- Matty Ice melted. Or rather, his OL and other pieces did, but Flacco gets blamed for that so now Ryan gets that part as well.
Here you go since you didn't like my last Flacco post (I think, since you accused me of being a Bengals fan).

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Aren't you a bengals fan?
------------
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Oh hey! The London game is on at 9:30 AM EDT on Sunday! HNNNNNGGG 14 hours of football. I should take next Monday off. :lol:
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Shit, that's at 6:30 in the AM for me. I wonder if they are going to be dicks and show that game, then not show a second game on whatever channel it is on.

Aaaaaaand fuck, I agreed to work this Sunday. Damn, oh well.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Why do the refs always screw the Chargers when they play Denver? It's not like the Donkeys need help.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Elfdart wrote:Why do the refs always screw the Chargers when they play Denver? It's not like the Donkeys need help.
I'd laugh but it's honestly painful. Not for you, but for me.

Plus I hear tell of a team called the Buccaneers... :cry:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

How the hell do you get beat on a third and ten, with less than two minutes left to play, from the opp. 20 yeard line? How?
------------
------------
My LPs
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

My strategy of not watching games continues to be validated.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Congrats to the Bengals, they deserved the win. They capitalized on our mistakes, we did not capitalize on theirs.
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Raiders may actually go 0-16. And of course they will take a QB and toss Carr when they get a new coach and GM.

And good on Colt McCoy. I hope he gets another shot at starting somewhere.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Havok wrote:The Raiders may actually go 0-16. And of course they will take a QB and toss Carr when they get a new coach and GM.

And good on Colt McCoy. I hope he gets another shot at starting somewhere.
Why do you think they'd toss Carr? I happen to think he's played pretty well, especially given his experience level and the supporting cast around him. Unless you just think that would be a "Raider thing" to do :lol:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

You answered your own question. Al Davis forgot more about professional football than most people will ever begin to know. I think Mark Davis just forgets things.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

37-0

I should have canceled Sunday Ticket when I had the chance. :banghead:
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

What a game from my hometown Patriots tonight. Tom Brady is now 11-5 all time against Peyton Manning, which is a mostly worthless statistic because of how much the team contexts have changed over the years. But hey, I love that there is so much manufactured drama in their "rivalry" (which, apparently, neither of them actually gives a damn about). It's just fun to watch two of the best quarterbacks ever going at it year after year.

Also, what in the hell is going on in San Diego these past 3 weeks?
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The coach turned into a pumpkin.

I roll my eyes and turn the channel every time some gasbag starts spewing about Brady vs. Manning, since aside from pre/postgame handshakes the two aren't on the field at the same time. This kind of fatuous bullshit is almost as bad as showing a QB's won-lost record. Last time I checked, football was a team sport where the quarterback spends about half the game on the sidelines.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Wow, what shitty reffing. We are getting shafted five ways to sunday.
------------
------------
My LPs