Joan Rivers Dead at 81 Years Old

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Joan Rivers Dead at 81 Years Old

Post by Darth Yan »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/joa ... d=25160389

Wow. This is….surprising. How many celebrities have died this year?
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: Joan Rivers Dead at 81 Years Old

Post by Borgholio »

How many celebrities have died this year?
Too many... :(
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Darth Yan wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/joa ... d=25160389

Wow. This is….surprising.
Were you unaware she's been in a coma since a mishap during surgery a week ago? When she didn't regain consciousness in a couple days I started expecting this outcome.
How many celebrities have died this year?
I don't think the number is unusual, just that we've had a few extremely prominent ones go recently.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Yeah, this is exactly what I thought would happen. She certainly wasn't to everyone's taste but she made me chuckle a fair few times. RIP.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Chimaera wrote:Yeah, this is exactly what I thought would happen. She certainly wasn't to everyone's taste but she made me chuckle a fair few times. RIP.
Yes, I remember when she called Michelle Obama a transsexual. The uproar was epic, but so help me I couldn't stop laughing.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

You may not like her schtick, but you have to respect her work ethic and the fact that she stayed relevant in a field dominated by men for like 50+ years. I mean, how many comedians have you said about: "Man, whatever happened to that guy/girl?" You never said that about Joan Rivers. She was also a exceedingly charitable person from what I understand and have heard over the years.

She always made me laugh anyway.
R.I.P.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Gotta agree with Hav. Joan always made me laugh. The red carpet simply will not be the same with out her around.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...