Ever look through your old posts?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Ever look through your old posts?

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Not intentionally, but having looked at my post count, I do wonder how I accumulated so much and how much dumb shit I must have written given most of them were made before I went to university.
I feel like that when I see that I averaged about 1200 posts a year or 3.28 a day. And thats...worrying really.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I do look back now and, usually trying to find if I can quote myself to explain something I already did years ago, almost never works out because old mini essays are too inferior to what I now know.

It is kind of crazy though how front loaded my posting history is, at one time I was going over 30 a day when I could post during lunch hour in highschool, and amassed 25,000 in a few years. I think I was over 2.5% of the forum at one point, course a number of people were in the 2% range at that time. Now its 1%, 8 per day and still dropping, and its been something like seven years to get another 10,000.

On the other hand, anyone else recall how Mr Bean hit 10,000 posts before even most of the pre established ASVS crowd hit 1,000? Or hell, 500?

Meanwhile you all got yo ask yourselves how the hell Wong between his accounts got that fucking high, while having a wife and two kids. Its no wonder that eventually had to stop, and its still over double my count while he's been functionally gone for years. I swear he just had a script running to edit the board files to steadily increase it.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Sea Skimmer wrote: On the other hand, anyone else recall how Mr Bean hit 10,000 posts before even most of the pre established ASVS crowd hit 1,000? Or hell, 500?
There was a time when my Navy job had me sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours a day 48 hours a week and my workload was so random I could have 8 hours of solid work or just 2 meaning I had the time for the first three years of the boards existence to post to literally every thread, given I was much younger and more opinionated at the time this resulted in me getting 80-100 posts per day the first year with some days I have 150 posts. It was nuts but the board was one of my main sources of entertainment back then as my alternative was talking to my CPO or myself for those 12 hours per day.

*Edit this was my first post
Mr Bean wrote:Yes don't forget SW Troops have Gernades and Atilliry and all sorts of fun USEFUL things that Federation Troops problably don't even know what they are

Seriously sure you can say good guys always win but dang it some of these shots they miss I could make drunk blindfolded and using a Mac-10 on full auto with a ten round clip!

And thats very hard! For those who have never used a Mac-10 they are terrible on full auto, heck your more likley to hit the target with your eyes closed than open on FA with those things as my old rangmaster used to say
I like to think my spelling and grammar have gotten worse over the years

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Mr Bean wrote: I like to think my spelling and grammar have gotten worse over the years
Not at all, you've just developed and refined your own personal style :D
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.