What music plays as you save the world?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

What music plays as you save the world?

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

So here is the set up…

You are "The Hero", the final bad guy has finished laying the smack down on you and is currently gloating about how is ultimate victory is just moments away and how he is invincible!
You however are about to have your second wind and turn the tables. Visions of your friends and comrades who have fallen in battle inexplicably appear before you offering words of encouragement and that through grit and determination you can do anything!
In other words, the narrative laws state you are about to win the day in an over the top dramatic fashion…

What song starts playing for you?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Re: What music plays as you save the world?

Post by Iroscato »

Sit down boys and girls. Uncle Chimaera's got this.

You're welcome.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Yeah, the whole thing.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

The Flash Gordon theme song.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Lolpah
Youngling

Post by Lolpah »

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

There are tons of classical music or game music that would be suitable, so instead of listing them I will instead offer a gem of a theme most here probably do not know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1Rg6s#t=26

Rescored with modern music it would be pretty good.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Tony Stark
Redshirt

Post by Tony Stark »

Non, Rien de rien...
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

It really depends how I'm saving the day. If it's as some messianic figure, then I can't really go wrong with the Hallelujah Chorus. If it's a way that involves heavy hand-to-hand or close quarters fighting, then some rock song would be suitable.

If it's something like Ender's Game where I'm saving the day by directing others, then, I dunno.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

You asked :lol:

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Additionally, if this "save the world" gig is as the leader of an army or military after a rousing speech, then I'll have to go with this:

The March of the Tanith, originally the March of Cambreadth.

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Vortex beat me to the punch. Optionally, "One Shot at Glory" is also thematically appropriate.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Darmalus
Jedi Master

Post by Darmalus »

Any surviving evil minions of the bad guy get to join in too.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Weird Al Yankovic's "Everything You Know is Wrong"

It's an anthem for life, and something fitting should it go balls up.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

If I do something clever to save the world, Every Star every Planet.

If I do something crazy awesome, Dragon Rider.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

There's only a handful of really fitting options.

Alternative option:

"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

This:

There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

"Put on your boogie shoes."

SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

"Row, row, row your boat". If not that then the jingle from your generic ice cream truck jingle. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Pitard
Redshirt

Post by Pitard »

Subject matter is irrelevant, it's the beat that counts.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bDbpzjbXUZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

You will be assimilated...bunghole!
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

"Save the world"? I want the world under my thumb! Everybody opposing me are automaticcaly evil, so as the commander of a great, conquering army a few thousand years ago, the last music my evil enemies would hear, would be this:

Lyrics:
Ia Namtaru
Ia Lammia
Ia Asaku
Ia Pazuzu

Ia Zixul zi Azkak
Ia Gula zi Pazu
Alal uggae Utukku Xul
Ia Ia Pazuzu

Ia Ningursu Ia Ia Umduggu
Shemti Shebui Nehenkau
Addu Nergal Arrallu

Nergal dread God of War and Plague
Avenge the shades of our Fallen ones
Blacken the sun with Fierce Winds
Bring forth your Terrible Storms!
Yea! Burn the flesh of our Enemies
Gash their throats with Weapons of Iron
Destroy Them utterly
With Locusts and Disease

8)
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Hard to say as I picture myself as the character in the stylish cape saying 'the fools thought me mad, but soon... I will be... INVINCIBLE !!!' :)

but failing that maybe this
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Starglider, you know full well that saying "I will be... INVINCIBLE !!!" will inevitably and quickly lead to your embarrassingly ironic demise :D

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:It really depends how I'm saving the day. If it's as some messianic figure, then I can't really go wrong with the Hallelujah Chorus. If it's a way that involves heavy hand-to-hand or close quarters fighting, then some rock song would be suitable.

If it's something like Ender's Game where I'm saving the day by directing others, then, I dunno.
Well the set up I gave in the OP leaned toward the basic "Over the Top Anime Style" final confrontation intrinsic in most anime these days.
Of course there are a myriad of versions, but they usually fall into one of three categories:
Version one: Person v person, usually two individuals facing off against one another. This can be everything from a "Fist of the north star" style 1v1 to DBZ level fighting. Typically the "Badguy" is always someone your own size or only slightly bigger.

Version two: "Armored" fighting, basically "magical transformation" style animus ala Ronin Warriors, TekkaMan Blade, Saint Seiya or even Guyver. Again usually the final Boss is your own size, although in a few it can be some Giant Evil God of doom or such.

Version three: Giant Robots, obviously too many examples to list :P THIS category can have everything from similar sized bosses, to planet sized super beings of evil (or beyond if you count TTGL)

Of course all three of the above have within them various key moments of "Victory" over the bad guy...
There is the "Mastering some legendary technique at the last moment that defeats the bad guy."
The "Powering up to the 'next level' suddenly to win"
And of course the ever popular "drawing upon some unknown source of strength after your hit points hit -0" to win the day :D

Ironically... I cannot actually think of a single instance of your last example. Leading troops to fight off a bad guy in a final encounter, ala "Enders Game" Although if I DID have such a run in myself... I would without hesitation pick Gustav's Holsts "JUPITER" for that encounter! You can just feel the legions of gleaming soldiers marching nobly to finally defeat the bad guys army.

For other encounters...
If it was a "Short Climatic" battle, I'd pick an old school fav of mine: The FF5 Final Boss Theme Great tune if your going to waste the bad guy in Two min or so :P

If facing down an "Eldritch Horror" or "Humorless Dark Overlord" (think Darkseid) I'd have to pick something so unfittingly silly, that it serves to De-power the serious-ness of the bad guy. As such I'd happily pick The Futurama Theme To fight to!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Over the top, you say?