Sharknado 2

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

dragon
Sith Marauder

Sharknado 2

Post by dragon »

The first one was bad enough I can't believe they are making a sequel especially being crowd sourced and they claim Sharknado' the most culturally relevant movie for 2013.
Chainsaws ain't cheap, kids! So if you want to ensure peak power-tool action used against CGI sharks, you're going to have to pay up — $50,000, to be exact.

That's the amount the producers behind "Sharknado 2: The Second One" say they need to raise via crowdfunding site IndieGoGo to get that bonus scene featuring "chainsaws being used in the vicinity of sharks."
"Thank you for making 'Sharknado' the most culturally relevant movie for 2013," producer David Latt says in video plea for extra funding. Now viewers are invited to get in on the action before the next waterspout of deadly man-eaters hits the SyFy Channel in July.

What sets "Sharknado 2" apart from arguably egregious crowd-funding art projects, such as Zach Braff's "I Wish I Was Here," the "Veronica Mars" movie and the $1 million raised by Neil Gaiman's wife, Amanda Palmer, to fund an album and tour for which she asked musicians to perform for free? Professional integrity, obviously!

Fans can can rest assured, this sequel is happening. It's mostly filmed. And as co-star Tara Reid recently told NBC News, it features "maybe thousands" of sharks, even if you don't pony up. Further, the "Sharknado 2" crew is completely transparent on how this fan-supplied $50K will be used:

The crew, the equipment, and all the other nuts and bolts we need to film it.
Chainsaws.
Special effects (specifically sharks, sharks, and more sharks).
Shark conservation — if we reach our goal, we'll even be able to "adopt" a shark! (Ten percent of the money raised goes to the RJ Dunlap Marine Conservation Program which aids real sharks.)

Less responsible films about sharks, such as "Jaws," are blamed for giving the creatures bad PR, so it's good to see the "Sharknado" guys giving our 10 percent toward making the water safe again ... for sharks. And as with all crowdfunded projects, there's swag commiserate with your contribution, ranging from a social media shout-out ($15) to an Associate Producer credit and a VIP trip to the red carpet premiere ($25,000). Notably, the $50 contribution required to receive the screenplay is already sold out.
link
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: Sharknado 2

Post by Sea Skimmer »

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/prod ... ado-2#home

Right to the source. For some insane reason none of the high tier rewards include getting one of the chainsaws from the movie!
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Fantastic!

I won't contribute, but I will watch it.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
B5B7
Jedi Knight

Post by B5B7 »

Well, from Sharknado we learned one can calm a highly energetic tornado with a little explosion. Maybe they can have an earthquake halted by two trucks colliding? :P
TVWP: "Janeway says archly, "Sometimes it's the female of the species that initiates mating." Is the female of the species trying to initiate mating now? Janeway accepts Paris's apology and tells him she's putting him in for a commendation. The salamander sex was that good."
"Not bad - for a human"-Bishop to Ripley
GALACTIC DOMINATION Empire Board Game visit link below:
GALACTIC DOMINATION