One Year Anniversary of Boston Marathon Bombing

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

One Year Anniversary of Boston Marathon Bombing

Post by Broomstick »

I think this sums up the attitude of a lot of the survivors:

This is part of a longer series of photos of both survivors and relatives memorializing the dead. Not only are the leg amputees walking again, quite a few of them are running again, or taking up the sport.

StarDestroyer thread from a year ago.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Re: One Year Anniversary of Boston Marathon Bombing

Post by Ahriman238 »

The next Marathon will be this Monday.

Much as Boston is usually a diverse and well-educated city, and the Marathon in general is a massive party, I can't help but feel that Monday will be a very bad day to be hanging around looking suspicious/foreign.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

They already had someone leave two backpacks at the finish line which resulted in the bomb squads being called out - geez, who thought that was a good idea?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

The same kind of person who thinks it's amusing to make prank 911 calls, probably.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Actually, it turned out to be a mentally ill person who was off his medication. Sad and pitiful in many ways.