Does anyone use Academia.edu?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Does anyone use Academia.edu?

Post by ray245 »

For anyone that is unfamiliar with the website, it's basically a social platform for academics to share their papers and keep track of the works of their peers.

I've seen the works of a few SD.net members on the website, and I was wondering what are your thoughts of the website? Do you think this is a good way to disseminate your research and essays to the public?

https://www.academia.edu/
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Re: Does anyone use Academia.edu?

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Yup. I Prefer researchgate though.
(I also uploaded my papers there on both).
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

I'm a member, but have no papers up (yet)
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

I'm a member. I tried to sign up for research gate but no longer have an institution email to do so with.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

I'm a member. I don't have any papers up; I mainly use it to keep track of Civil War research. (Let's face facts; while I research pretty hard for my essays, they're by nature polemical, not academic.)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician