7 insane minutes of people explaining '80s toys are satanic

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Kitsune
Sith Devotee

7 insane minutes of people explaining '80s toys are satanic

Post by Kitsune »

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Re: 7 insane minutes of people explaining '80s toys are sata

Post by Deathstalker »

They completely missed the obvious:

Stewie on action figures

If they were just against D&D, then these clowns wouldn't have been anything special.

But hating on Smurfs?

It's all so clear now.
SMURFS ARE ZOMBIES!!!
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Were these the same guys who told an anecdote where a kid told his parents God isn't the most powerful man in the universe, He-man is. Therefore Masters of the Universe toyline was blasphemous.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

Yes. Also, action figures screamed when getting burned. Also, D&D has "sixes" in it, so it's evil.

The sad thing is that I remember things like this from my fundy childhood. My parents were never as bad as this (although they did have some misgivings over Harry Potter, though I was never really interested, and my dad forbade me to watch the X-Men cartoon because they were using "magic"), but I knew people at church over the years who absolutely believed this bullshit and I remember seeing books to this effect in church libraries.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

DesertFly wrote:Yes. Also, action figures screamed when getting burned. Also, D&D has "sixes" in it, so it's evil.

The sad thing is that I remember things like this from my fundy childhood. My parents were never as bad as this (although they did have some misgivings over Harry Potter, though I was never really interested, and my dad forbade me to watch the X-Men cartoon because they were using "magic"), but I knew people at church over the years who absolutely believed this bullshit and I remember seeing books to this effect in church libraries.
You may find this amusing, then.
Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

You are just an evil skeptic :twisted:
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)