Fox's Cosmos thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Fox's Cosmos thread

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, the remake of Cosmos was on Sunday. I am rather enjoying it. For those who wish to watch it:

Fox

Hulu

I particularly enjoy the animated segments showing the scientist Bruno.

Anyone else watch it?
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Re: Fox's Cosmos thread

Post by wautd »

Unfortunately I missed it and sadly your links only work for US-citizens
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

I enjoyed it very much. DVR'd it so my sons can watch it again and again. Very much looking forward to the next installment.I am old enough to have watched Dr. Sagan's original (at the ripe old age of 4) and i found it to be quite thrilling. It seems my sons, now 7 are equally thrilled with Dr. Tyson' s version.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

wautd wrote:Unfortunately I missed it and sadly your links only work for US-citizens
You didn't miss it, the Aussie/UK broadcasts are delayed a week from the US ones because reasons. I'm guessing that's also why the streaming links are region-locked.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

With how butthurt creationists got over the first episode, they're going to need to see a proctologist after this one. :lol:
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Our household are long-time fans of the original (which we both saw when originally broadcast) and are now enjoying this version. Thanks for the links, we missed the first episode and I'd like to be able to go back and see it.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Watching the fourth episode. Patrick Stewart makes a great William Herschel.