Anyone know any good countries to move to?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lord Falcon
Padawan Learner

Anyone know any good countries to move to?

Post by Lord Falcon »

Well?
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: Anyone know any good countries to move to?

Post by Flagg »

Lord Falcon wrote:Well?
I heard North Korea is nice this time of year.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Falcon
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Falcon »

Don't do that. I'm being completely serious. I want to leave. You know as well as I do North Korea is NOT a nice place to live.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

North Korea is fucking freezing this time of year.
You should go somewhere warm, like Somalia or the Democratic Republic of Congo.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Lord Falcon
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Falcon »

Are you being serious? Are those nice countries?

Would Canada be better? Or some European nation?
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

US, Canada, Australia, Most of Europe, large sections of the tropics....

Where are you moving from?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

aerius wrote:North Korea is fucking freezing this time of year.
I like the cold.
You should go somewhere warm, like Somalia or the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Those poor people have it bad enough without inflicting this douchenozzel on them. Christ, show some humanity.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Falcon
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Falcon »

Stop insulting me. Do you have any idea how hurtful that is to me? I want honest advice, and I've agreed to stop injecting politics into it.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

How many languages do you speak?

What are your skills?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Lord Falcon
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Falcon »

I only speak English.

I'm actually still in school, working to get my GED. I have also worked in factories, unloading stuff, etc.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Then that kinda limits you to English speaking countries.

And with those skills or lack thereof they will not take you IMO. Best get more skilled.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Lord Falcon wrote:I only speak English.

I'm actually still in school, working to get my GED. I have also worked in factories, unloading stuff, etc.
Bahahahahahahaha! You're not going to get residency, let alone citizenship in any English speaking country with a GED and your only marketable skill is picking something up and moving it to another location.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Falcon
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Falcon »

Well, then I guess it's like he said, I need to train up my skills more and get my GED (I am currently saving up to take the test).

I guess this discussion is moot till then, but if anyone wants to continue giving me advice, that's ok.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

You need a lot more than a GED. You almost certainly need a college degree of some kind or a marketeable skill in short supply in those countries.

A GED is far less than what those states expect as a minimum from their own citizens.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Lord Falcon wrote:Well, then I guess it's like he said, I need to train up my skills more and get my GED (I am currently saving up to take the test).

I guess this discussion is moot till then, but if anyone wants to continue giving me advice, that's ok.
My honest advice to you would get me banned. But you're gonna need more than a fucking GED. You'd need some college. Maybe join the military and use that as a stepping off point to get a real education and then flee.

And not to be misogynistic, but you sound like a fucking pussy. There are assholes in every country on the face of the Earth and unless you learn to put up with them and give some back you'll just be a mewling useless waste of my oxygen. Grow a pair and maybe you can contribute to making THIS nation a better place. Then we won't have to live with the guilt of inflicting your ignorant ass on some other poor bastards.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Thanas wrote:Then that kinda limits you to English speaking countries.

And with those skills or lack thereof they will not take you IMO. Best get more skilled.
^ This.

I have a college degree and do speak another language, but I would have an extremely difficult time emigrating anywhere else in the world. A GED is nowhere near enough.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

As harshly-worded as it was, Flagg hit the nail on the head there. I've seen your posts over the months, Falcon, and honestly I'm undecided whether you are a trolling piece of shit or a genuinely vulnerable person with very little life experience. Assuming you are the latter...the only way you will ever be happy is to pull yourself together and actively work to improve your life. If you're depressed and/or suicidal, get help, there is nothing to be ashamed of. If you're unhappy with your body/appearance, then eat healthily, exercise, find something you enjoy to get some energy and drive going in your system.
Yeah, maybe your country seems like a corrupt cesspit that is rotting from the inside out - freaking the fuck out over it on the internet isn't going to do a damn thing to change it - it will just draw the ire of people who don't know you, don't want to share in your every individual problem, and don't give a shit that you take offense to their insults.

Huge piece of advice - the world does not give one shallow-fried FUCK about you. Same goes for me, and everyone else on this planet. You need to realise that most of the time, people simply don't want the burden of your problems in life. You need to get on top of things, and once you're up there, the view is actually pretty nice.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Consider two important facts.

First, stupid people in the government is not a disease unique to the United States. Yeah we make the headlines all the time but politicians are fucking idiots wherever you go.

Second, despite everything you may see or hear around you, the US is far from being the worst place to live. Our supermarkets are well stocked with food, our unemployment rate is in the single digits, we have advanced healthcare, we are in no danger of invasion from a foreign power, we have only a fraction of the terrorist attacks that plague other nations, our higher education is still a magnet for people around the world, and you don't need to be afraid of our government busting your door down and executing you for speaking your opinion.

Yeah we have our problems, and some of them are quite glaring. But things could be worse. A lot worse. Remember that.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Also, and I don't mean this to be insulting, but I think you need to hear this kind of advice.

This thread of yours smacks of misplaced entitlement and unearned arrogance. You don't give us any information about yourself, you don't give any information about what you are looking for in life, or any sort of pertinent information whatsoever that could help anyone actually give you constructive advice. It shows you are unspeakably ignorant about the way the world works or what it means to live abroad; hell, of what it means to live domestically. You just expect to be able to waltz onto the Internet and have someone give you a quick fix solution with the absolute minimum amount of effort on your part.

I am assuming you are just a kid, but that's why I think you need to hear this. You are never going to get the solutions to your problems just handed to you. There are no quick fixes in life. If you want to improve your lot in life, you are going to have to work hard and think long-term. There is nothing wrong necessarily with acting impulsively (I think within certain limits it can be a good thing to make life more interesting), but there is something very wrong with acting ignorantly.

EDIT: I mean, seriously, what on Earth were you possibly expecting to hear on this thread? Did you want somebody to give you directions to the Big Rock Candy Mountain?
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Lord Falcon wrote:Stop insulting me. Do you have any idea how hurtful that is to me? I want honest advice, and I've agreed to stop injecting politics into it.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

I'm gonna level with you, this little prick sounds like a little prick I knew about 15 years ago. Except I didn't need classes to get my GED I just took the test and passed the first time. The reason I'm being so goddamned harsh on him isn't out of meanness or spite it's because I wish I had someone tell this shit to me when I was his age. Luckily I'm a gifted test taker, have a decently higher than average IQ (which gets you very little in life, but is a small advantage) and have a parent that even now takes care of my emotionally and physically disabled ass.
And it's not like I at this point wouldn't love to escape from America, but due to my only having a GED, no marketable skills in particular demand (security guards are a dime a dozen) and am seriously mentally and physically ill no country would want me. And I don't blame them.
What I have to do is make the best of my bad situation. But you're obviously young. You don't sound like you have any serious physical conditions. You haven't posted enough for me to Internet diagnose you with any serious mental issues. The world is your oyster and yet you come to a half dead BBS whining about the mean old people you disagree with on the internet. What the fuck is wrong with you?
Last edited by Flagg on 2014-02-05 09:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Join the military and you might get some oversees time.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

If you´re still in school and young enough you can go to another country with the American Field Service. Good chance to learn a language.

Also consider your skin color. Some countries might be better than others in case you´re something other than white.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Lord Falcon wrote:Well?
I hear the USA's a pretty good country to move to, if you can get in. How would you define "good" in this context?

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Lord Falcon's profile states that he is 26, so he is unlikely he is still in school. However, either you have a degree or some sort of actual skill, short of becoming a low paying labourer, you are unlikely to find countries that are willingly to accept you.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.