Justin Bieber to face deportation

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Re: Justin Bieber to face deportation

Post by Executor32 »

With all this talk of singers, have we forgotten how they inflicted Hayden Christensen upon us? Canada can never make up for that, no matter how many Christopher Plummers and Donald Sutherlands they try to appease us with.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Well, if you're going to deport him, send him to Germany.
I'm told they love David Hasselhoff over there so Bieber should fit right in.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Speaking of Germany, Bieber, and the Hoff...

どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

We Canadians want you Americans to understand us better, so we figure the best approach is to send both our brightest AND our dumbest over to ya. :P
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

Hey now, you can export your shitty music, just don't export the shitty musicians.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Havok wrote:And for going out with me that one time. Cool chick.
I remember back when *everyone* in my town claimed to be "the guy in that Alanis song". It was a goddamn epidemic.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

jeesh it's at 182 thousand man he's not liked
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

182k compared to the millions who worship him? That's actually a small ratio.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Just out of curiosity, since I don't really follow Bieber related news or anything, is there any reason why he is considered particularly more obnoxious than every other run-of-the-mill young pop star?
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Stas Bush wrote:Deporting Bieber if gets a over 1-year sentence would be pure awesome. These golden youth types need to be taught a simple rule: it's not "them and everyone else". They're just the same as others - fail to comply with the laws and be kicked out like a worthless sack of shit is not just for "dem Mexicans", if people really think that illegals should be deported. :lol:
Showing that deportation isn't just for brown people would be a good thing, but I can't help but wonder how many people are signing this petition because they want to make a point about how the law should be applied fairly, and how many are signing it because they think Bieber is an annoying little shit.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I am taking the latter for 500, Alex.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Darksider wrote:
Stas Bush wrote:Deporting Bieber if gets a over 1-year sentence would be pure awesome. These golden youth types need to be taught a simple rule: it's not "them and everyone else". They're just the same as others - fail to comply with the laws and be kicked out like a worthless sack of shit is not just for "dem Mexicans", if people really think that illegals should be deported. :lol:
Showing that deportation isn't just for brown people would be a good thing, but I can't help but wonder how many people are signing this petition because they want to make a point about how the law should be applied fairly, and how many are signing it because they think Bieber is an annoying little shit.
What's the difference? I guarantee that if every illegal Mexican (or whatever nationality) spoke perfect English all the time 3/4 of the people raging against them would stop because for the most part it is the annoyance factor. For them it's just the reminder that they are from another country and just hearing it.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Well I personally don't care what language they speak or if they have an accent or not, I just care about them obeying the law. If Beiber broke the law, he should face the same penalty as any other foreigner who broke the same law. It's quite true that if a Hispanic illegal did the same things Beiber did, the Hispanic would be deported in a fraction of the time. Beiber is rich and white, so he's probably going to be handed a "get out of jail free card" here.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Ya, but he's being charged over here for assault too. I guess the question is: which country wants to put up with him?

Btw, while we were responsible for his creation, there are only ~37 million of us. American fans were the ones most responsible for turning him into a celebrity. So you guys should be the ones that have to keep him :P
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:Just out of curiosity, since I don't really follow Bieber related news or anything, is there any reason why he is considered particularly more obnoxious than every other run-of-the-mill young pop star?
He's a boy, for one thing. I bet the petition wouldn't have gotten quite as many votes by now if it was Selena Gomez who was arrested.
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

phred wrote:
Ziggy Stardust wrote:Just out of curiosity, since I don't really follow Bieber related news or anything, is there any reason why he is considered particularly more obnoxious than every other run-of-the-mill young pop star?
He's a boy, for one thing. I bet the petition wouldn't have gotten quite as many votes by now if it was Selena Gomez who was arrested.
Does she regularly break the law and act like a cunt in general?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Beiber's PR people told him to act like a delinquent asshole on purpose so the publicity would make him look more like a badass and possibly sell more records.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

His first group of preteen fans should be hitting their collective bad boy phase now, right? So that makes a fair bit of sense.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

And that is, in my opinion, why him having to face consequences for his nonsense is very important.

Celebrities of any kind have a disproportionate amount of influence on the people that look up to them, having them prove immune to consequences for their acts can, in my opinion, be disastrous.
unsigned
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

Channel72 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Beiber's PR people told him to act like a delinquent asshole on purpose so the publicity would make him look more like a badass and possibly sell more records.
His first group of preteen fans should be hitting their collective bad boy phase now, right? So that makes a fair bit of sense.
Pretty sure that his concert sales have dropped because, guess what, parents don't like paying for their kids to go concerts with someone we thought was sleeping with a whore for a good few weeks. I imagine the same thing happened to the endorsements. It's not a good plan.
Just out of curiosity, since I don't really follow Bieber related news or anything, is there any reason why he is considered particularly more obnoxious than every other run-of-the-mill young pop star?
Drag racing and DUIs. The other shit is just general, I-am-privileged bullshit.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

There's now also harassing flight crew (to the point the pilots told the flight attendant to stay in the cockpit with them for her safety) and filling a plane up so thoroughly with pot smoke the pilots put on their oxygen masks fearing the effects the contact high might have on them. The FAA is investigating. As noted by several parties, acting like that on a commercial flight gets you arrested. The only reason he wasn't arrested is because it was a private flight. Nonetheless, laws were broken.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Oskuro wrote:And that is, in my opinion, why him having to face consequences for his nonsense is very important.

Celebrities of any kind have a disproportionate amount of influence on the people that look up to them, having them prove immune to consequences for their acts can, in my opinion, be disastrous.
I have to agree on this, our current society is held together largely due the belief that the law is equal and no-one is above it. If fame or wealth would prove to a certain immunity to the consequences of breaking the law then people who haven't got said immunity would start taking things to their own hands or worse it would allow extremists to come to power on the promise that they'd restore the equality of the law.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I would like to think the USA has more pressing concerns than the fate of a mediocre singer, but apparently the populace does not.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Thanas wrote:I would like to think the USA has more pressing concerns than the fate of a mediocre singer, but apparently the populace does not.
The question of privilege IS one of the most pressing concerns in the USA. The individual doesn't actually matter in this case.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah but Bieber is not even the worst offender here, he just happens to make shitty music. Nobody questions the privilege of say, rich people in general. It is always just singular excesses by popstars. Remember the Lohan "scandals"? How much did that help the discussion of privilege?
------------
------------
My LPs