Contractors fill a Tube control room with concrete

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Contractors fill a Tube control room with concrete

Post by madd0ct0r »

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/23/set-in-st ... O=facebook

It appears they were puring quick set liquid concrete into an elevator shaft. Somehow it broke through the wall into the control room. Bet that was popular :)
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Re: Contractors fill a Tube control room with concrete

Post by Zaune »

Well, it's a better excuse than leaves on the line.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Seems someone forgot to carry a point while calculting the pressure of a frickin' column of liquid stone against the walls containing it...
Math is a cruel mistress.

(Or they were in too much haste to do it in multiple pours, take your pick...)
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Reminds me of when some contractors accidentally punched a hole in the bottom of the Chicago river and flooded the subway and basements all throughout the Loop. What's underneath the ground in big cities is surprisingly complicated.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Nostril »

What is todays London built on top of? Yesteryears London.
So I stare wistfully at the Lightning for a couple of minutes. Two missiles, sharply raked razor-thin wings, a huge, pregnant belly full of fuel, and the two screamingly powerful engines that once rammed it from a cold start to a thousand miles per hour in under a minute. Life would be so much easier if our adverseries could be dealt with by supersonic death on wings - but alas, Human resources aren't so easily defeated.

Imperial Battleship, halt the flow of time!

My weird shit NSFW