Working on an Austrian NPC

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Working on an Austrian NPC

Post by Kitsune »

Working on an NPC character who lives in Austria
Curious, any suggestions on a "sporty" car that would be reasonably common there?
Don't want to go with any of the mega expensive true sports cars
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Re: Working on an Austrian NPC

Post by Zaune »

VW Golf GTI, possibly with the engine hotted up a bit; they're popular tuner cars.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Or, if the character is supposed to have some class and is not of lower-class rednecks himself, probably an Audi or BMW Z4 coupe (if he is more wealthy, Mercedes and Porsche).
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Isn't there a pretty sporty French design pretty common in Europe
Just almost never see them in North America
Look at the Z4 later on and what are common Porches?
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

The boxer is the cheap model, costing as much that middle class people can afford it, the 911 is for upper middle class and above.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

The Boxster looks like a pretty sporty car visually and the engine produces produces more than my American larger 6 cylinder.
Won a lot of awards as well. The 911 styling has changed a lot since I looked at them.
Thomas Paine

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

It is boxer, not boxster.

I also do not understand what you are talking about 911 design changes....
------------
------------
My LPs
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Thanas is right - the 911 body is practically unchanged from model #1.

And true, a Porsche would be the first choice of sports car, although the MX5 had some fans here among the less wealthy.

And then there is the BMW 3 series, which is a pretty sporty car, as well.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

I get nothing when I look for "Porsche Boxer"
Get "Do you mean Boxster"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_Boxster

Classic 911

Modern 911
Thomas Paine

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

That is an evolution, not a change. Basic elements remain the same.
------------
------------
My LPs
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Thanas wrote:That is an evolution, not a change. Basic elements remain the same.
If you go back to what I wrote first was a simple statement "The styling has changed alot," something I will still argue.
Reading up though, the design after 1994 seems to be whole new car design with a nod to the old design.
If anything, I seem to have understated the whole this.

Besides, these are both fourth generation Mustangs but would still argue that the styling changed a lot.

While they are effectively the same car from an engineering perspective, their styling is still changed a lot.
Thomas Paine

Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

Kitsune wrote:Working on an NPC character who lives in Austria
Curious, any suggestions on a "sporty" car that would be reasonably common there?
Low Class:
common: a modified VW Golf or Opel Astra, old BMW with a powerful engine
uncommon: Opel Manta, Ford Capri
Middle Class:
common: a used Porsche 911, BMW Z3, Z4, BMW M3, Mazda MX-5, Audi S3
uncommon: Abbarth 500C, R5 turbo , Renault Alpine, Triumph Spitfire, Porsche 924
Upper Class:
common: BMW M5 , Mercedes AMG Models , Audi S/RS series, Porsche 911
uncommon: Alpha Romeo 4C, Jaguar F-Type, Abt Audi S series