Grand Unified Christmas Loot Show-Off Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Grand Unified Christmas Loot Show-Off Thread

Post by Zaune »

Created mostly because I thought you'd all get a good laugh out of this. I may or may not have mentioned to my landlady and adoptive big sister that I needed a tea cosy. I now have one.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: Grand Unified Christmas Loot Show-Off Thread

Post by Lonestar »

Bushnell TRS-25. I'm going to put this on my 10/22, I think. Or my WW AK-74 since it came with a UTG rail. Maybe switch between the two, who knows.

And a "Shotgun Shell Santa" tree ornament.

-----

Books

No Country for Old Men

Last stand of the Tin Can Sailors

The Tycoons

Paddle your own canoe

The Story of Maps

-----

Blu-Rays

The Man with no Name Trilogy

3:10 To Yuma

The Wolverine

Pacific Rim

Man of Steel

Elysium

-----

And two NG Adventure Maps, one for Joshua Tree NP and the other for Sequoia/Kings Canyon NP.

Also a 750ml bottle of Laphroaig.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

I got Spanish Gold, a book on piracy, and Geoffrey Regan's book of naval blunders, which are good. Some nice-ish shoes, and some other clothes I may well never wear again because, you know, not actually a guy, thanks family...
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Seven different calssic Doctor Who DVD's, none of which I've seen before, a couple of excellent books on aircraft carriers and battleships, a Cyberman t shirt (im sure you can sense a theme here), a lava lamp (finally got one, yay!) a litre bottle of fine MacCallan and a large crate of Doombar. I plan to be uproariously drunk between now and New Year's.

Oh and a lovely clear sky so I could see the Milky Way whilst walking the dog this evening.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Oh, yeah. Other stuff I got included a coffee pot, a new cellphone and a very large amount of chocolate.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Xbox One, spare controller, couple games, socks, nice shirt, PJ pants, Space: Above and Beyond, gift cards, and a new pair of boots.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

A micro-SD card, and the trip to Simon_Jester's wedding.

I'm broke at the moment, so the latter was the best gift I could have gotten.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

TimothyC wrote:A micro-SD card, and the trip to Simon_Jester's wedding.

Fucker is right on the otherside of DC and he didn't even invite me what the hell man
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I got a mini-screen-with-DVD player, plus clothes, gift cards, and some very useful cookware (I really wanted a non-stick wok and got one). Nothing too outrageously expensive, unlike last year - and that's fine by me.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

A large and elaborate calligraphy set: actually a small one with three pens and two ink bottles, plus a couple of dozen more ink bottles, pen cleaning fluid, and an instruction book all purchased separately. Kind of stoked. A trivia game (Matter of Fact) a new laptop, lots of clothes including: 3 pairs of pants, a pack each of socks and boxers, a dress shirt, a t-shirt and a scarf. A bolo tie, spirit level, lint roller, new traveling toothbrush with accompanying tiny toothpaste tubes. Oh and $75 worth of amazon gift cards to feed the kindle.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

A pair of socks.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

A new terabyte-sized harddisk for my laptop, several envelopes with money / gift cards to "go wild on steam Holiday sale".

Also several pre-order vouchers (as in promises to buy those games) from my family for upcoming games next year.

:wtf:

Shit. That means there's going to be several requests for advise on consoles, PC upgrades and solving other assorted problems I can't deny to help with now.
:mrgreen: Crafty buggers, I feel so proud.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Whiskey and chocolates.

This is the christmas tradition for me.

Also some money which I will convert into decorating my lounge. Needs a new wood floor and a nice new TV unit for my nice new TV (which was my annual bonus not a christmas thing).
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

whiskey, books, CDs....and a rapier.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I got Iraq.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

This was a "money" year, in that most of what my wife and I got was cash towards the upcoming down payment on our new house. Couple grand...going to help out a great deal. Also family buying new appliances for us.

For me personally, I got cash that will cover a desperately needed head gasket replacement on my motorcycle...so I can finally take a trip longer than around the block for the first time in years.

All in all, good year.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Roughly 2 galleons in whiskey, vodka, gin, wine, tequila and a single sampler of brandy.
And a single best buy gift card.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Koolaidkirby
Padawan Learner

Post by Koolaidkirby »

Family decided to go all out for me this year, new electric guitar + an occulus rift
Evil will always triumph over good, because good, is dumb
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

4 Home Depot Gift Cards....

So I'm getting me some power tools! (Maybe even a Bandsaw)
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

I bought myself a new laptop and moved back to New York, so yeah.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."

ImageImage
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

A great year in loot by my humble standards: I got this handy device for improving my health, and the new(ish) GURPS 4e hardcover that I wanted.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

2 gardening books, 4 coffee related presents and this, which is fucking awesome: http://www.amazon.ca/Building-Stories-C ... 0375424334
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

From my wife;

also sexy bedroom roleplay/costume experience which I swear is almost entirely unrelated. :)

Generally low-key Christmas this year because I had to buy a new house while my wife is paying to repair & refurbish her house for sale in the spring (plus my parents are in the middle of building a new house from scratch, plus my sister is rennovating her house etc). Having family Christmas in a nice secluded bungalow instead of the Croydon Demilitarised Zone was much appreciated by everyone though.

LaCroix
Sith Marauder

Post by LaCroix »

Justing Bieber retiring...

(It might have been a fake , but it gave me joy and hope for the future...)
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Some DSLR gear and a look into how horrible My Little Pony is. If it's creepy for eight year olds to be into it, it's even creepier for grown adults.