Moderator: Edi

krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Soundtrack search

Post by krakonfour »

Hi!

I've found this gem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KevuJ_fS ... WQ436Eh3H0

I find it to be the best soundtrack to any show, ever, but that's just me.
I was wondering if any of you could help me find a similar soundtrack, in musical style or greatness :)
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!
Like worldbuilding? Write D&D adventures or GTFO.

A setting: Iron Giants
Another setting: Supersonic swords and Gun-Kata
Attempts at Art
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Soundtrack search

Post by Thanas »

Are you trolling?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

Thanas wrote:Are you trolling?
Why yes, I am.
Anything else to add?
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

A generic orchestral electric violin/guitar intro, a singer who can't hit low or high notes, plus badly mashed techno/pseudo rock thrown into a blender and then regurgitated in BoyBand style is supposed to be the greatest soundtrack ever?

I mean if this was a troll then I could at least understand it because you just got me to watch a few minutes I will never get back, but are you serious?
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

We can't all be connoiseurs.

Anyway, if you like this sort of thing I'd give Japan-A-Radio a try.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

Thanas wrote:A generic orchestral electric violin/guitar intro, a singer who can't hit low or high notes, plus badly mashed techno/pseudo rock thrown into a blender and then regurgitated in BoyBand style is supposed to be the greatest soundtrack ever?

I mean if this was a troll then I could at least understand it because you just got me to watch a few minutes I will never get back, but are you serious?
The cut-up/blended impression is due to the songs being needed for an anime, and thus featured in 20-30 second segments. And... you only listened to the first song, didn't you? Track 14 (XL-TT) is tons better, and track 16 (omake-pfadlibe) might change your mind.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

krakonfour wrote:
Thanas wrote:A generic orchestral electric violin/guitar intro, a singer who can't hit low or high notes, plus badly mashed techno/pseudo rock thrown into a blender and then regurgitated in BoyBand style is supposed to be the greatest soundtrack ever?

The cut-up/blended impression is due to the songs being needed for an anime, and thus featured in 20-30 second segments. And... you only listened to the first song, didn't you? Track 14 (XL-TT) is tons better, and track 16 (omake-pfadlibe) might change your mind.
We listened to the song you linked to, no? If you wanted us to listen to these better songs, you should have actually showed them to us.

As it happened, I did listen to it (or what I thought was it, since I had to look for the tracks myself and I wasn't trying too hard).

It's still crap, sorry.

And track 16 seems to be an inferior version of this
http://youtu.be/WxZrVCa517w

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Now that is a soundtrack. Thanks fgalkin.
------------
------------
My LPs
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

In terms of rock and orchestral music soundtrack blending I'd like to offer for your consideration and listening pleasure the main theme to Pacific Rim, featuring lots of electric guitar nonsense by the always excellent Tom Morello:

SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

And track 16 seems to be an inferior version of this
http://youtu.be/WxZrVCa517w

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Thanks.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Y'know, barring the opening I don't really recall any of Attack on Titan having memorable music at all.
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

Siege wrote:In terms of rock and orchestral music soundtrack blending I'd like to offer for your consideration and listening pleasure the main theme to Pacific Rim, featuring lots of electric guitar nonsense by the always excellent Tom Morello:
In that vein, I have to mention the Halo 2 Theme (MJOLNIR Mix).
Proud member of the no sigs club.