She Only LOOKS Harmless...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: She Only LOOKS Harmless...

Post by Broomstick »

Well, now TLTC is e-mailing me directly, telling me how incompetent, mean, cruel and awful I am. Included was a photograph allegedly of a botched repair I made. Actually, I had refused to work on that pair of boots because another employee butchered them attempting a zipper repair and I knew I wasn't up to fixing the mess.

I have no idea what she is trying to achieve with this tactic. I have forwarded the e-mail to my lawyer for his records. I have no intention of replaying to TLTC directly, I much prefer communications go through my lawyer.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

That is the smart move, just ignore her and hit forward to your lawyer on anything she sends.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

I'm assuming there's no chance you could cut and paste some of her greatest hits for the board to enjoy...
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Wicked Pilot wrote:I'm assuming there's no chance you could cut and paste some of her greatest hits for the board to enjoy...
That's a bad idea until there is cash in hand

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Mr Bean wrote:
Wicked Pilot wrote:I'm assuming there's no chance you could cut and paste some of her greatest hits for the board to enjoy...
That's a bad idea until there is cash in hand
I'm inclined to agree. Frankly, I just wanted to post something so I could more easily follow the thread in the future.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I'd love to cut, paste, and flame her screeds here but, alas, probably best I don't. At least not until everything is resolved.

I will share a paraphrase of one of her whines and the reply I would have given, had I actually replied to her:

"Do you have any idea how horrible it is to take the money someone uses to support their family?"

"Yes, bitch, that's why I sued your fucking ass."

The lawyer has confirmed that simply forwarding copies to him and not replying is the correct response. As he noted, virtually all of what she is saying is irrelevant and she just can't understand she is in the wrong here. It's no longer about the wages, now it's about about the judgement against her made by the judge.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

There is a twisted part of me that wants to sit down with the women and just try to understand WHY her brain works the way it is. how is it someone can become so "powerful" in terms of control over others, and yet be so utterly utterly obtuse to the pain she is causing, and THEN seem to have no remorse or understanding what so over when people come after her.

It's like someone shocked and totally emotionally scared after being lynched by a mob after said person personally finically screwed everyone in town...

On some level you want to think its all a big Act, that she says "They got me! I won't go down without a fight!" but the more I read from you, the more she seems Genuinely unknowing of WHY your going after her.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Broomstick wrote:I have no idea what she is trying to achieve with this tactic.
My best guess is that she's trying to pull off a Perry Mason moment while failing to understand that they are rare outside fiction and that it's far too late to pull it off even in fiction.

As for picking that shoe, maybe she believes you worked on it, or maybe she thinks her word will be believed over yours.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

The other weird thing is how her writing skills are circling the drain. I'm assuming she was crying when she wrote the e-mails. Parts of them are bordering on incoherent.

She keeps harping on "you know I don't owe you back wages" as if repeating it will somehow make it so. It won't. She falsely claimed she sent me several checks she never did, among other things. My paystubs have inaccurate statements and miscalculated taxes, when they aren't missing those numbers entirely. She was given a date to show up and present her case, just as I was, but she blew it.

OK, technically, it's not back wages anymore. It's a summary judgement for damages. The more she resists the worse it will be for her. Back in May it was only about $1,200. Now it's $3,700. And it's accruing 8% annual interest until it's paid. If she fucks up the February hearing as badly as the November one a warrant will be issued for her arrest which, when served, means arrest, handcuffs, perp walk, and the county jail.

It's amazing the wah-wah-wah going on. Oh, poor her, she's disabled, her adopted son is "special needs", I'm taking food from the the crippled. Well, for one thing, no one that large is starving. Second, I, too, have disabled family members and it didn't stop her from withholding my wages, did it?

I honestly can't figure out if this is an elaborate act or if she believes her own lies, though I'm inclined towards the latter simply because she has done so many jackshit stupid things. To hear her talk she's a living saint but I don't see it in her actions. No one does.

Oh, and she listed a long list of people my action to recover my money has hurt - including my landlord. Believe me, if I ever hurt my landlord he WILL tell me directly! Actually, he contacted my lawyer yesterday about suing TLTC himself. The lawyer said that there would be a conflict of interest while my case was still pending but once it wraps up he'd be happy to take TLTC to the cleaners again. Perhaps he said it a bit more crudely. Or my lawyer could refer him to someone else if the landlord didn't want to wait.

Well, TLTC says I owe my landlord an apology and perhaps I do - I will apologize to him for having introduced him to bipedal pond scum and perhaps we'll have a mutual laugh her expense.

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

bilateralrope wrote:As for picking that shoe, maybe she believes you worked on it, or maybe she thinks her word will be believed over yours.
All along she has acted as if her word will automatically be believed over mine. Always. But, the fact is, there is no proof that I worked on any particular piece of footwear at that shop. It would be my word against hers. Given that the Labor Board took my word, I bothered to show up to court when told to appear, the judge took my side over hers, the bank accepted the judgement and froze her accounts... I'd say there is a trend here at odds with her world view.

bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

If she fucks up the February hearing as badly as the November one a warrant will be issued for her arrest which, when served, means arrest, handcuffs, perp walk, and the county jail.
Any chance of her doing something that shows up on a local news website ?
Oh, and she listed a long list of people my action to recover my money has hurt - including my landlord.
Did she include an explanation of how she thinks you harmed your landlord, or is she just listing people you know ?
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

She owes him several thousand dollars for work he has done for her company that he has not been paid for.... but somehow that is my fault. :lol:

Yes, my lawyer freezing her bank accounts is the straw that broke the camel's back here and finally shut down the store... but it was going to happen one way or another. No one has been paid in two months, no material supplier will send them anything because of what they owe them so they're out of supplies to make repairs, the heat and lights have been cut off (you can't do that to a residence in winter, but they're a business) and they haven't paid the rent in at least two months.

And look - here's an e-mail with a subject line that reads "You are a sad, heartless woman". No, actually I'm pretty damn happy at the moment and (checks pulse) yes, I still have a heart. :lol:

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

No, the sad heartless one is the TLTC. I'm with you, we're getting a real fun giggle over her trouble.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

You should write a book about it - "The desolation of the shrew"
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

LadyTevar wrote:No, the sad heartless one is the TLTC. I'm with you, we're getting a real fun giggle over her trouble.
And the really sad part is I think it's likely she actually does believe her own lies (TLTC that is), since her lies are too complex and obvious to feel like someone even semi-intelligent would have fabricated them on purpose, how ever someone who is constantly lying to herself that she is the victim and it's never her fault, would make up stuff like that up, because their viewpoint is twisted and perverted to a point where if there's evidence to suggest that she might be at fault for anything it's ignored and scapegoat for the action is found.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

What options does TLTC have to fuck things up for herself further ?

Other than the obvious ones of missing the next court date or doing something that falls under criminal law.
Tiriol
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tiriol »

bilateralrope wrote:What options does TLTC have to fuck things up for herself further ?

Other than the obvious ones of missing the next court date or doing something that falls under criminal law.
She could try to drag the other store manager, the one who coughed up all of her money for the store and ended up not even owning one per cent of it, into the mess again and demand compensation or try to get her to pay this mess, "at least half, we're business partners!". It would make the thing even harder for her in the long run, since there now exist court documents showing that the other manager is not a co-owner and the judge has released the other store manager from all responsibilities. It would make the other manager's life even more miserable for some period of time, but TLTC would end up in even worse shit than before.
Confiteor Deo omnipotenti; beatae Mariae semper Virgini; beato Michaeli Archangelo; sanctis Apostolis, omnibus sanctis... Tibit Pater, quia peccavi nimis, cogitatione, verbo et opere, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Kyrie Eleison!

The Imperial Senate (defunct) * Knights Astrum Clades * The Mess
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Quick question. Is it possible for the judge and/or the defence counsel to request a court appointed psychiatrist to evaluate the defendant's mental health in a civil case?
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Maybe that is what she is aiming for? Can she use her madness to get out of things?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Purple wrote:Maybe that is what she is aiming for? Can she use her madness to get out of things?
if some sort of defense based being declared insane (and thus free of any punishment), then she's gonna have a rude awakening if what I've read is true for civil cases, meaning that even when tried insanity defense almost never works outside of fiction and when it does it's hardly a "get out of jail free" card and that's ignoring the fact that insanity defense is already almost never used cause it's so hard to pull off.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

bilateralrope wrote:What options does TLTC have to fuck things up for herself further ?

Attempting to hide her assets is one. For example, the car she drives is not in her name, it's in the store manager's. WHY the store manager put her name on the title and the loan for the car is beyond me, other than the fact the store manager is naive about many things and easy to manipulate.

Child neglect of her grandson is another potential one. I've long thought she neglects him emotionally, if she starts neglecting him physically it will go badly for her.

Tax evasion is a big issue, but it's wrapped up with the labor law violations and I think eventually the IRS will become very interested in her.
Zaune wrote:Quick question. Is it possible for the judge and/or the defence counsel to request a court appointed psychiatrist to evaluate the defendant's mental health in a civil case?
Purple wrote:Maybe that is what she is aiming for? Can she use her madness to get out of things?
Possible but very unlikely. It would be hard to argue she is legally incompetent as she is functional enough to hold down a job, own a home, care for herself and child on a basic level... choosing to do the wrong thing is not a psychiatric disease. If poor judgment could get you out of a legal problem half the people sitting in jail, at least, would be free. Someone would have to request it and my side has no motivation to do so. Would she try to argue she is mentally ill? I doubt it – it would work against that idea of hers that she's always right.
Lord Revan wrote:if some sort of defense based being declared insane (and thus free of any punishment), then she's gonna have a rude awakening if what I've read is true for civil cases, meaning that even when tried insanity defense almost never works outside of fiction and when it does it's hardly a "get out of jail free" card and that's ignoring the fact that insanity defense is already almost never used cause it's so hard to pull off.
^ And what he said.

Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Broomstick wrote:Attempting to hide her assets is one. For example, the car she drives is not in her name, it's in the store manager's. WHY the store manager put her name on the title and the loan for the car is beyond me, other than the fact the store manager is naive about many things and easy to manipulate.
I guess that begs the questions, but why doesn't the store manager just take back her vehicle, either for her own use or to sell? Does no one suggest this to her?
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

A successful insanity plea is generally going to result in spending more time removed from society, in cases where violence has occurred. I find the odds of it working to be even lower when it comes to a case like this, especially since TLTC managed to run a business for any length of time. Getting out of financial obligations because you're "crazy" isn't gonna work.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Broomstick wrote:Well, after a couple months of hearing second-hand about how TLTC says the court decision doesn't matter, it's only small claims, she'll win in the end, etc.... TLTC woke up yesterday to find her bank accounts frozen. Not just the company one, her personal one as well (damn, my lawyer is good!).
Sounds like a sole proprietorship; there is no legal difference between her personal and business personas. She has full liability! And since her "partner" isn't legally one, she's got huge bills coming.
Broomstick wrote:TLTC claims she has a meeting with a bankruptcy attorney at 11 am today. Wonder if she knows you have to pay their fee in advance because, guess what, they don't work for free either!
If she does file (with or without legal assistance), hopefully it won't affect your claims!
Broomstick wrote:Tax evasion is a big issue, but it's wrapped up with the labor law violations and I think eventually the IRS will become very interested in her.
The IRS presumes guilt in cases like these, IIRC. They are very unpleasant and very thorough people.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Wicked Pilot wrote:
Broomstick wrote:Attempting to hide her assets is one. For example, the car she drives is not in her name, it's in the store manager's. WHY the store manager put her name on the title and the loan for the car is beyond me, other than the fact the store manager is naive about many things and easy to manipulate.
I guess that begs the questions, but why doesn't the store manager just take back her vehicle, either for her own use or to sell? Does no one suggest this to her?
Suggest? It's been told to her point blank by more than one person. As I said, though, she's easily manipulated. Also, she apparently doesn't have a set of keys herself. :roll:

Let's face it, neither of these ladies is a particularly bright light bulb.