She Only LOOKS Harmless...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: She Only LOOKS Harmless...

Post by Broomstick »

What it comes down to is that I don't really care for either hookers or blow in the literal sense. More like... books and tea. It just doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

Books and tea actually sound like a much better time. No worries about venereal disease or sinus damage.

I take back the sinus damage. You may drop the book on your face. I have yet to encounter a tea that would do any damage to your sinus tissue, unless it was hot and someone made you laugh...

Okay, so no worries of contracting a shiny new VD, and no risk of getting addicted to something that's basically guaranteed to fuck up your sinuses.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

"You know who I am. Say my name!"

"Heisenbroom..."

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

I am the one who sweeps.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

The reason hookers and blow are the quintessential reference for totally blowing your money on bullshit is that they really are even more worthless than pretty much all other forms of bullshit you could blow your money on that don't involve just giving it away to somebody who will use it for hookers and blow. Purchasing either makes you feel good for a couple of minutes, and I can only imagine that paying money for sex would make me feel bad for at least as many hours as coke does, if not days. Not to mention the non-zero chance of killing you, but I face worse odds than that just going to work, so my advice centers around the good times : crappy feelings ratio.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

And here we go, another check...

She does seem to have settled into a pattern of paying me every 2-3 months instead of every month. While I could haul her ass into court over that I would risk having payments stop completely if I did that. Also as the lawyer and I have discussed, unlikely to be a cost-effect approach. And interest is still accruing at 8%/year. She has just about $2,000 more to go before she's done, which at the current rate is between 3-5 years before she's done. By my reckoning (and I don't guarantee my math is proper here) that would mean between $500 and $900 additional she'll own me... which would be another year or two she'd wind up paying me! With interest.

I'm still OK with her offering to pay it all off in a lump sum, too, but I'm not holding my breath.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

If I were you I'd actually prefer the interest, since inflation is only at half a percent, you actually are making money the longer she takes to pay. :)
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

That is what credit card companies and banks like about people, taking their time to pay off the loan. So it should work out better for Broomstick as she noted. The only caveat is that banks have means of chasing up the debt from small debtors and can afford to wait it out most of the time. Broomstick had to go through lawyers and courts to get what was her due. Hopefully it continues to work out for her.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

I know necromancy is bad and all that but out of curiosity for how fellow board members are doing in life... (unless I missed some other thread regarding this tale in the last two years)

How's all this working out Broomstick? Paid off yet?
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Nope. When the Pumpkin Harpy disappeared she really disappeared - nothing in my mailbox since then.

I did get what I was originally owed and some of the penalty, so not too bad. At this point not expecting anything more.

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

I wonder if anyone liked her enough to contact the Charlie Project or some other websleuth outfit?
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

It's not so much a matter of "like" as "owed enough money to make it worth the trouble to find her". I question if anyone likes her.

Given that some of the people she pissed off are, shall we say, less constrained by the rules than honest folks such as I her disappearance may not have been voluntary. Or done to avoid some extremely unpleasant outcomes. I am arguably the nicest of her debtors, and I don't have any affection for the bitch.

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

I dare say, but I don't think voluntary organisations that help to locate missing persons generally take requests from creditors.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog